The Part time job

"Nah it's alright...thanks Ji-eun" Hasyeon sighed over the phone while walking down the streets.
"You know it's hard to find part-time jobs in the middle of the year"
"Hmm yeah my bad. C'ya tomorrow"
"Bye take care" with that Ji-eun dropped the call.
It was hard than she thought to find a part-time job. She asked everyone she knew but didn't had any luck. She was walking back home after visiting jungkook's mother. She isn't in a really good state. Her skin was still pale as a dead body, lips are dry like a sack that encloses with a drawstring. Every time Hasyeon visit her she was in sleep. Her beautiful large eyes that she once adored were shut. She didn't have any chance to talk to her. She wants to talk to her.
Hot summer weather making her back wet with sweat. She was passing the park until she decided to take a short break to clear her messed mind.
It's hard for her to see trauma in her best friend's eyes. He's not crying but she could hear the painful cries in his heart. She can't convince jungkook to come back to school until she finds a perfect part-time job. She sighed and to lie on the grass under a tree, listening to the murmur of the lake in front of her. She looked up at the bright sun which was roughly kissing her skin, it's burning her skin even tho it's evening. She watched the clouds float across the sky. She wished her life to be like a cloud. Fluffy, beautiful but her life always ends up like a movie. Filling up with things that she never expects for. She hugs her knees, placing her chin on them. There were few couples, laughing and filtering with each other. Some kids were running here and there. Can't they feel the heat? She literally feels like she's baking inside an oven. "They are so energetic." She wondered. She watched each one of them closely. Observing every movement of them. Suddenly, she felt a tall shadow covered her.
"You looks bothered," said a familiar male voice. Hasyeon looked at him as he sat next to her in the green grass.
"Yoongi? What are you doing here?"
He placed his hands back, giving his weight on to them.
"Just passing by," he looked at her black shiny eyes. "So what were you thinking?"
Hasyeon sighed, looking back at the kids.
"A lot...I guess? I need a part-time job but I couldn't find any. I tried in every way but there are nothing suits for me" Hasyeon groaned and hit her forehead on her knees.
"A part-time job? Why? did your lovely brothers kick you out?"
Hasyeon let a small giggle. "No...not yet. It's for some reasons"
She switched her legs, crossing them together.
"Hm... I think I can help you with that" yoongi said, glancing at her from corners of his eyes. Her face lit up with happiness like a candle.
"Really?! Thank you yoongless!"
"wahh where that nickname comes from?" he chuckled. "Nah it's nothing" he stood up, dusting his jeans. "Actually I have to say sorry for the last time. I didn't have any chance to apologise"
Hasyeon looked up at him then back at the thin air in front of her.
"don't apologize... it's my fault anyway"
"no it's my immaturity to bring a little girl like you to a place like that, I'm sorry" he inhales a deep breath. "whatever, what happened happens. now let's go before it gets dark." he said, offering her his pale hand to stand up. She smiled and took his hand, fixing her distressed denim shorts.
"where are we going?" she asked while following him.
"to pizza mart...Bettercrust"
"you saying the shop near to filling station right? It's near right?"
He nodded. "and wouldn't it be better if you tell your family where are you going? just in case you know?"
"oh yeah right"
she took out her phone then text her sister in law. she won't ever tell jin something like these because it's useless. it'll always be a "come back right now! it's getting dark" or "stay there, I'll come". after texting her she put it back to her pocket. She looked at Yoongi who was silently leading the way. His skin is paler than a normal skin and mint hair gave him his own look. He looks like a living Anime. He was wearing a ring earpiece to left ear and a long one to the other. It swings as he walks.
Hasyeon cleared her throat breaking the awkward silence between them.
" so...what are you going to do after finals?"
"Me? Hmmm I was thinking to accept the offer to join the National Basketball team"
"You got a request?"
Yoongi nodded, proudly. "Yes, I already got a letter from them. Studying is something off from my menu you know and that is my dream anyway"
"You are the inter-school champion. Of course, you will be on the team."
"I know" he smirked, looking at her.
She scoffed. "This is what called original bragging. Won't it be nice if you say a little 'thank you' ?"
A laugh escaped from his mouth.
"We are almost there"
They met with a not too big, fancy Italian pizza shop. She looked up to see the huge board hanging on the entrance, named as "Bettercrust".
Yoongi opened the door into the shop. It was all made of wooden. Some decors matching to the season were hanging here and there.
"You think I'll have this job? This is my first time"
"you'll have. Owner of this shop is a long-distance relative of mine. She's kind. Don't worry"
Hasyeon nodded but couldn't help but feel nervous. There were few customers at the moment. She walked with him, wandering her eyes through the shop.
"Oh, yoongi! My boy! You are early, which is really unexpected"
Hasyeon stared by the voice and looked at the holder of the voice. It was a quiet old lady around 50s or 60s. She halted in the middle of her sentence then look at hasyeon as Hasyeon bowed her head, politely.
"Oh my my...! Is this your girlfriend yoongi? Even tho you had may girlfriends, this is the first time you brought someone here. She must be special" the old lady smiled kindly at her. "And she's so pretty"
Hasyeon's cheeks flushed at her comment. She waved her hands in front of her for defence.
"No no we aren't a couple! You got it wrong! I-mm-ahh"
Yoongi sighed and nodded. "We aren't a couple, Aunt Kwan. She came here to take a job"
Hasyeon quickly nodded in agreement. It embarrassing. she looked up at Yoongi, a faint blush was clearly visible on his cheek. She looked away. He must felt embarrassed too.
"Oh, how disappointing. I thought you finally settled up. How old are you darling?" She asked turning her head to hasyeon.
"S-sixteen"
"Still so young I see... I only can give a job for a year. You are going to cover up for my pregnant daughter. Is it ok with you?"
"Y-yeah sure"
"You need night time duties right? Your duty hours are 5.30 to 10.30. I'll pay you 837,000 won for a month."
Hasyeon looked up at yoongi then back at the old lady.
"It'll be enough"
"Good but there will be lots of work because most customers are coming for dinner but don't worry our yoongi will give you a hand"
Hasyeon turned her gaze to yoongi again.
"You work here?"
He shrugged.
"Rin!" The old lady shouted.
"Yes, Mrs Gim?"
"give her that extra uniforms I put on the cupboard. I think they will fit her."
"Yes, Mrs Gim" the dark browned hair girl, glanced at her then went in to back room.
"Ok, dear. You can start work from tomorrow if it's ok with you"
"Sure, Mrs Gim. Thank you"
"No worries dear and you can call me Aunt Kwan since you are a SPECIAL friend of my little nephew"
She wriggled her eyebrows making Hasyeon cring. Why did she wriggle her eyes.
Yoongi slammed his hand on the counter.
"Aunt Kwan! You are making her uneasy!"
"Woow woow I didn't say anything wrong" she giggled.
"We'll leave now," said yoongi putting his hands on to pockets.
Hasyeon bowed her head again, taking the red colour uniforms that the girl named Rin placed on the counter.
"Your shift starts within an hour yoongi" Mrs Gim shouted a reminder.
"I'll come right back after dropping her"
"You don't have to. I can walk home" Hasyeon said glancing back at the old lady who was smiling weirdly sweet.
Yoongi smirked. "Don't wanna go on a ride on a bike?"
"But-"
"Don't worry. I'll be here on the time. Now cmon!"
Yoongi grabbed her hand and pulled her into the backyard. There were a few delivery bikes. Hasyeon peeped through them as yoongi came to her with a key, around his long fingers.
"Hop on," he said as he starts the bike.
Hasyeon stared at him for a while. She never went on a bike. That's means this is the first time she rides on a bike. She bit her lower lip.
Yoongi looked back to her hesitate face.
"Don't tell me this is your first time riding a bike"
Hasyeon slowly nodded.
Yoongi scoffed with a laugh.
"Really?" Yoongi tossed the helmet to her hands.
"Believe me. It'll be fun"
She looked at the helmet then at him. She gets on the bike, gripping into the hem of his jacket.
Yoongi grinned then started bike pulling it to full speed.
"Arrrhhhh!!" Hasyeon screamed and hug his waist tightly, burying her face on his back. A small smile creeped up to yoongi's lips.
After some moment she opened her eyes as she felt her hair being caressed by the wind. It felt amazing she felt like she's flying on the sky. She giggled by the feeling she's having at the moment. She breathed in the summer air. Hasyeon gripped on to his shoulders.
"Yoongi faster!"
Yoongi chuckled, pulling it to a short cut to her house's street so it'll be more safer to ride the bike in speed. She laughed as they pushed through the vehicles.
"Where are we going?" Hasyeon asked, noticing the unfamiliar road.
"This is a short cut to your home...see that" yoongi point at a rooftop in a little futher . "It's your rooftop right?"
Hasyeon gasped in awe. "It is! How did you know a way like this?! I never knew!"
"I'm doing delivery sometimes so you can say, I know all the short keys"
"Must be fun" hasyeon said looking over at his face from his shoulder.
"Nahh sometimes I had to throw garbage bags for them"
Hasyeon scrunched her nose. "Really? But it's not your job. You can say no"
"But that's for the customers. We can't disappoint them in any way"
Hasyeon pouted along with a hum.
"We are here"
He stopped at their gate.
"Wanna come in?" She asked getting off from seat.
Yoongi chuckled, shaking his head while taking off his helmet."I don't think your little oppa will please to see me"
"I'm sorry for him" she said giving back the helmet.
"I understand his concern"
Hasyeon smiled.
"Then I'm out. See ya tomorrow princess" with a wink, he left.
Hasyeon watched him until he disappeared from the junction. Never in years she thought she'll have a ride with her crush. She's feeling happy, free and youthful. He's kind. To her he's not the playboy all them say. He never acted like a one.
She let a deep breath before she enters to home.

Sorry for keeping you guys wait! Hope you love the chapter!💜 And merry Christmas y'all! May this Christmas fill your life with full of happiness and love. I wish you all success. I purple you. Enjoy the holiday! ❤ stay safe.