"I'm fine" i lied

I looked at my bed

I looked at my bed. Completely empty. I owned nothing.It was all back at home, with my step-mom - Zayla. She's not my mom. I'm not related to her in any way. But she adopted me, let me into her home, and treated me like I was her own daughter. I love her. I may not always show it, but I do. I wish I could just hate her. But I can't. She's just too perfect! Her brownies, her food, the way she patiently sits when I talk to her, and her funny talks. She is the funniest person I have ever met. She will make me laugh, even when I try my best not too. And I just left her. She probably called the police, cause she will think I'm missing. Like a perfect mom would do.
"You okay?" I turned around looking into a blond girl with grey eyes: Annabeth.
"I'm fine" I lied
"Stop" she said.
"What?" I was confused.
"Lying" she replied back.
I looked at her grey eyes. I didn't see her eyes anymore. I saw pictures. Many pictures of Annabeth and some others. In most of them, Annabeth was covered in blood. And I could hear an echo, of only 2 words. 'I'm fine.'
Then, I saw her grey eyes again.
"The eyes!" she muttered to herself. What was it with everyone and my eyes?!
"What is it with my eyes!" I yelled, I was tired of people not telling me stuff.
"Y-you have blue eyes... right?" She asked, she didn't seem like a person who would stammer.
"Yes" I said annoyed, because that was pretty obvious.
"But... I don't think you know - " I cut her off.
"Know what!" I asked, a little too sharp.
"I have noticed that when you realize things that you are a little too smart to know, your eyes......they turn a shade of grey. Grey eyes are a child of Athena thing."
I was astounded.
"How?" I asked. She shook her head.
"Some demigods have powers, like Percy and his water powers, but mostly Athena kids don't."
"Mostly?" I asked
She looked at me.
"Mostly."
She did the same thing as Victor did but I didn't hate her for it. She actually answers the question.
"Now tell me" She Said.
"Tell you what"
"Tell me what's wrong" She asked me again.
"I'm fine!" I lied again, with the same answer
"No you aren't!" She nearly yelled at me.
"You know how I can tell?! Because you're a younger me!. That's me when I was your age. My mom left me. I'm fine. I miss my parents. I'm fine. Greek gods are real. I'm fine! But I wasn't, and neither are you! And then, I began to cry. She looked at me concerningly, just as my step-mother did when I was sad.
"I miss my mom!" I muttered so low that I was surprised Annabeth could even hear it.
"Your mom?" She said.
"Have you- Have you already met Athena?" She seemed a little jealous, but she kept that to herself.
"No" I replied.
"Then why do you miss her?" she asked with a worried voice.
"Not my godly mom. I miss my step-mom. The woman who adopted me." I said, exhausted.
Annabeth sat down on my empty bed. She didn't say a thing. But that was what I needed. I needed silence and time.
We both sat for a long time in silence, until I fell asleep. Well, I think I did, because I remembered having nothing more than a nightmare...