Great! A punishment!

"Who are you?" A man who was nearby asked

"Nera Sindey" I lied, he didn't see my face, which made it easier to do so. He took my arms and started pulling me, I resisted, but he was stronger. That's why bow and arrow are more of my thing.
"Get away from me!" I tried to yell. He just took me into the next room, but first, he took the knife out of my hand. For a couple of seconds, I saw that the mist applied to me as well, I saw what the man could see. He saw a knife, with blood on it. And we had blacked out Gustav and Sady was injured badly. I closed my eyes, and thought about what the government would do to a 10-year old murderer. Put me in jail? Return me back to my step-mom, Zayla, and put her in jail? Thinking that I worked for her? No, this couldn't be, I couldn't disgrace my step-mother, who had found a place for an orphaned child in her heart.
There was only one terrible way to end this disaster: Never letting the government know about this.
There were tables and chairs, with food on it around. The man stinked a lot, like a lot!The man was wearing clothes that a farmer would wear, so I guessed he was one.
He turned me around, so I looked into his eyes.
"And may I know, young lady, why did you attack your friends?" He asked sternly.
I tried to come up with a good story. I had too much sugar today? Nah that won't help.I was being controlled? That sounds totally like a lie, besides who would control me? I wish I said this one out loud, because the next one I said sounded even more crazy.
"I sleep walked" I answered him. That sounded ridiculously ridiculous.
"Sleep walked?" He asked, clearly not buying it.
"Yes" I made sure to let my hair fall on my face, so the person didn't see my face clearly

"You seemed pretty much awake, you even talked with your friends."
Damit. I thought he just came when I was done reading Sady's memories. But of course, he had his smoothie taken as well.
I closed my eyes. I couldn't think of anything more except the picture which was roaming in my head. Curly red hair, with lime green eyes, and his smile that I loved. His confused face when I controlled the mist.
"What do you want in exchange for not telling the government??"
My step-mother Zayla had told me about this. Criminal, the thing she never wanted me to do.
"Bribery from a 10 year Old" He smiled, with a cold look in his eyes.
But my face was dead serious.
"Um... Im Sorry little girl but I have all the... you know... money i need"
I gave him an icy stare, and he fiddled a little around his chair. He was uncomfortable, but I kept staring. All the lies were told now. For him, I was a money stealer.
"Well..." He started. I tried to read his life, and focused while staring. His life wasn't complicated at all. The only thing I saw was a farm and a chicken.
"There is this..." He started and looked down.
"This what"
I asked, so hard and adult-ish, that I was even shocked. ANd I knew even he thought the same.
"I have this farm, and well, I have a chicken in it. I paid a lot for the chicken, but it has gotten sick. I want it to have a child with another chicken. So....if you can make it healthy again, I won't say a thing."
This isn't even weird. Not after all I have been through. A chicken. I could do that! My step-mother took me to the countryside once, so I know a lot about chickens, and after all Athena did (or actually didn't do) to me, she could at least help me with some chicken knowledge. Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so.
"Deal," I said. Right now, I didn't feel like a 10 year old child. I felt like an adult, making deals with a 30 year older person.
"How long away?" I asked.
"I'll drive you" He answered, and we had a competition of who could stare the hardest, me and my grey eyes won.
"And what will you say to your... friends?" I asked, with a blank expression.
"I drove you to the government"
He said, showing just as many feelings as me.
"And if they call the government?"
He thought about it.
"If that happend, I would explain it to them."
Everything was perfect. Except for one thing: what if he didnt do as he said?
"And how can I trust you, how do I know that you will NOT drive me after I heal your chickens?"
He looked at me coldly, and if I wasn't staring the same way at him, I'd begin to cry.
"It's called trusting" I raised an eyebrow.
"If we're doing this, I want you to repeat something after me." I was about to ask him to swear.
"Why?" He asked a little less coldly, with a confused face.

"I don't fully trust you, I just met you. I am going to make you swear, if you break it, you will have to pay with your life. Unless.......you are scared.?"
I looked at him, like I was 40, and he was 10.
"But I am not going to lie, so why is there anything to be afraid of?"
I smiled.
"Then say after me: I swear, on the River Styx, that I will not take you to the government."
"I swear on the River Gyx..." He started.
"Styx" I clarified.
"I swear on the River Styx, not to take you to the government."
I nodded. Now I knew we had a deal. 'Always make them swear' I heard Annabeth say in my head,
He looked nervous now.
"Are you gonna do the job, cause I can't let you kill some innocent..." I cut him off.
"No" I said.
"Like I said before: I didn't want to kill them. I sleep walked." and with that, I went closer to him
"Now now, take my hands and act like you take me to the government" He did as I said, and we sat in his car. I could see many customers standing over Gustav and Sady.
"Listen"
The farm man said, and the customers looked up.
"I'm taking the girl to the government, and those 2 to the hospital. But the girl want to keep this a secret, so don't tell anyone what you saw today." Said the man, to the customers.
They nodded, and I sat in a car outside the building. Sady and Gustav sat (still blacked out) on the seats behind us.
"One thing more Nera"
The man said.
"How can I be sure you just don't run away?"
I still didn't show a single one of the many feelings inside me.
"I swear on the River Styx, not to run away when I get the chance"
The man nodded, started the car, and we drove in silence in 30 minutes. But then I slowly began to get happier. I had managed all this! How did a 10 year old manage to act like a full grown up?
"What is your name?"
I asked.
"Nick"
He answered. Silence.
"And your friends' names?" He asked, pointing back in the car.
"Percy and Annabeth"
It was the first name I came up with, but I regretted calling their names, since they were in a relationship.
Silence. Silence.
I closed my eyes, but again, I was full of regrets.I only saw the boys' red curls, and green eyes. The confused expression he showed. No. No. No. No. He can't! He can't be a demigod! I won't allow it!
"We're here."
The man said, and I realised that the small sound from the car stopped.
I was on a farm. Good description, but It's the only thing i could say. Just take a picture of a farm in your head. Yes. That's how it looks. Red Old tree walls, with something I'm not sure was, mud everywhere and many fields.
"Follow me"
Nick said.
I followed him, and we went to the small field nearest us. The chicken field.
"That one."
He pointed to a beautiful little chicken.
"I want that beautiful one to have a kid with that one"
He pointed to another place on the field. I froze. I didn't know what the mist made him see, but that was way too big for a chicken. The size of a human. Of course, I can never have a happy ending. It was a monster...