How do you figure out love? Or what the heck chickens feel.

The chicken was as tall as I was

The chicken was as tall as I was. I took my hand on my back, only to remember that I had no more arrows left. I took my hand down to my belt, only to remember, that Nick took my knife. Great. And Nic already drove Gustav and Sady to the hotel, and what he is doing is for a reason! Why would he give me the knife back? It would just look like I killed his chicken too, and then he would definitely drive me to the government. Even though I'm a demigod, he was 40, I was 10. He is very strong at working on the farm for many years, I only trained hard for half a year. So either I will die, or end up in jail. Great.
I looked at the 'chicken'. It looked somewhat sad.I went to it. Of course, going right to the monster, thats pretty dumb! Let's just run away, and save our life, but then I remembered something. That something was urging me not to go the chicken-monster. What was that something? My oath on the River Styx. I didn't even dare break it, no way, I really did not want to know what happened if I did
So I went over the fence, and among the chickens. The big chicken looked up at me, and when I thought I was about to die, it just said in a sad voice, of a male:
"You smell"
I looked at the big chicken, confused because:
1. It was a giant chicken.
2. It could talk.
3. It said I smelled.
4. It was sad.
"Yeah, I know that, I am sorry, because I haven't been able to take a bath recently."
I decided to go with the flow. Act like this isnt weird at all, and just have a conversation. Talking is the best way to survive. Annabeth told me that to.
"No."
He said.
"You smell of demigod."
I raised an eyebrow.
"Demigod?"
I asked. I didn't know what DEMIGOD scent was. I knew what a demigod was, but smell? Maybe a new perfume in the shop. Demigod smell, 3 for 1!
"It's the smell you give to monsters. Like me"
He kicked a stone, but it didn't come that long, because the stone was kicked with chicken feet..
"I'm a monster"
He seemed sad. I wasn't ready for this. I knew what the mist made Nick see. A sick chicken just sitting down doing nothing. But maybe he wasn't sick. Maybe he was sad? Maybe that's how I can make him "healthy" again. Make him happy. But he should also have a child with that little beautiful chicken. Gods this would be easier if he was just sick. At least Apollo campers could help me with that, after giving him food for a year.
"No you aren't... Um... what's your name?"
"Alectryon"
"No Alectryon you're not a monster" I tried my best to encourage him.
"You-you don't think so?" "No!" I answered a little too quickly. I sat down.
"Jens told me I am a monster." Imagine you are being bullied by a kid, he took your chocolate and now you can't do anything. The chicken spoke in that tone.
He sighed. And then all this just became a level more complicated.
"Jens?" I asked, trying a lot to sound interested in his monster matters.
"That beautiful chicken" He said, pointing to a fat black chicken.
"Um...?" I tried.
"He acts like I ain't even here." He sighed again.
"Is he your friend?"
He looked down.
"I wish"
I looked at the chicken, and tried to figure out what in the heck of the world was going on.
"Um... what is its name?"
I asked, pointing to the brown chicken that Nick wanted him to have a kid with. Also, now that I started the talk of Nick, I realized I couldn't see him close by.
"Berta"
He sounded completely uninterested in that beauty of the chicken which Nick wanted him to have a kid with, the ugly fat chicken, he liked that one! I looked up in the sky. It had been a long time since the fight with the Peluda. I felt completely out of the world. What will a 10 year old say to a chicken to make it feel happy?
"So what's wrong?"
I kicked a stone. He hung his head.
"I asked Jens on a date, but he said no"
It took me at least 30 seconds, to realise what he said. And even then i didn't know either to be shocked or confused, and ended up being mad.
Love. Love, love, love. It's always love. When will it ever stop? Can you ever talk to a person, get to know their story, without it involving love? I was sick of it. Sick of everyone having their one and only. Sick of the look Gustav sent Sady. Sick of me, being the only one dont have the one in my life. We are 10?! Why does greek mythology HAVE to involve love? Why did Ares have to love Mrs. Arsenake? Why does love ruin people? Why can't you just stop thinking about it? And if it hurts you so bad, then why even feel it?
Or the main question; Why in the gods of Olympus, did this chicken, the only time I had to figure out chicken love, have to be into boys?!
I decided that it was better not saying this out loud, because if he got mad and tried to attack me, I don't think I would stand a chance, so, I asked him another question:
"Um... It's not to be rude or anything I just wanna know: were you always a giant chicken or..."
He sighed yet again.
"No."
I looked at him.
"So..."
I started, and he looked like he just realised that he didn't say the story out loud. How weird it was that I could tell chicken expressions!
"I was a warrior, chosen by Ares. I was supposed to keep guard when Ares did his... Um... thing with Aphrodite. I fell asleep, and Helios the god of the Sun passed by. And Ares wasn't really happy about that, so he turned me into this."
I looked down.
"I'm Sorry" I said.
"Why?" He asked. I looked at him.
"Well, I'm sorry he turned you into a chicken"
"Why?"
He asked once again, like it wasn't reasonable enough.
I sighed. "I just thought you don't like to be a chicken?"
He shook his head, looking like I was a complete idiot. I HATE when people do that. I hate when it seems like I'm the stupid one.
"In the start I was mad at Ares, but then I came here to this farm, and met this boy."
He took his head down, and ate some food laying on the mud floor.
"Jens"
He pointed to the black fat chicken, and I looked at the beautiful brown chicken. Jens and Berta, just compare them both. Love is complicated.
"What would make you... make you happy again?"
I asked, knowing that it wasn't enough. He should also get a child with Berta, and I couldn't do that.
"Nothing" He kicked a rock again, but it didn't reach longer than the last.
"Oh come on... there must be at least one thing I can do to make you happy!"
He looked down, but then he slowly raised his head, and began to nod. Oh no. He got an idea.
"If you can get me a date with Jens, I will do anything you want, Kendra Vector, daughter of Athena." He said.
This was Creepy, because I didn't even say my name. But I also didn't like it when people did that. "Daughter of Athena''. Like it makes me special, just because she is my mom. Not because I chose to risk my life to get to this camp, but because of my mother.
"Do you know what are all the things I want?"
He asked.
I knew what all he wanted.Yeah, I did, because he told me a lot of times too. A date with Jens.
I nodded starting to like this deal. It couldn't be that hard. But as you probably guessed, my luck is un-existing.
"Great so a date in an hour and then..."
"An hour?!"
He yelled. That scream shook me, I looked at him.
"No." He said.
"2 minutes"
I looked shocked at him.
"I can't get you a date in 2 minutes!" I said. He came on his legs too, and stood dangerously, huge compared to me.
"I've waited for 3000 years to find love, and I can't wait an hour more. If you can't get me a date in 2 minutes, then I C]can just follow my first thought when you came over here, before I knew you were going to ask what was wrong."
He smiled.
"Nick goes around thinking that I'm a vegetarian. Boy, He's wrong."...

Thank you so so sooooo much for the help Aashini. I really dont know what to do with out you. Its some amasing work you do, and Im just so glad that you wanna spend time helping me!❤️❤️❤️