Ch. 36

Hayden's POV

Waiting at the table that had been reserved by my grandfather for the specific meeting was dreadful.

I never understood the point of that man taking forever to finally arrive to meetings on time.

I suppose I remember grandmother saying that he supposedly wants to spike dominance or fear upon the other person but I am not too sure.

The waitress, who came to seat me earlier, came by for the 4th time to ask me if I was set to order and I had to dismiss her again but this time I did order a glass of wine,

A few moments later when I was finally halfway finished with my wine I see the waitress leading my grandfather to the table.

He, himself, was all dressed up in a suit as well and had my fathers old lawyer at his side.

"You're 30 minutes late" I stated before he had even sat down.

He hadn't said anything but he did seat himself and so did the lawyer as they got everything straightened out.

"Evening, Son" My grandfather said in a cold manor.

I just stare at him already wanting to get out of here.

"I prefer to get straight to business rather then the introductions as you have already wasted 30 minutes of my precious time" I say and my grandfather almost looked baffled as the lawyer gave him a side eye with half a smirk before it was gone and turned to look at me.

"Don't forget who you're speaking to. You should be grateful that I even showed up at all" He warned to which I ignored.

"Seeing as you and i both want to get this done and over with. I will like to continue with the meeting and have your father's will finally be completed" The lawyer finally interjected into the conversation.

"Yes, Mr. Thompson. Can you please resume the last bit of my fathers will" I say finally adverting my eyes from my grandfathers cold brown eyes.

"The last time we talked was when you were 16 a few weeks after your parents tragic death. In the will it stated that you would be left in charge of your father's business when you came to a certain age and had finished with school. As we all know you still hadn't graduated high school and the business would have fallen back onto your mom.....

In this case it was left to your grandfather. Now that you have finished with school and have gotten a degree that your father states in his will that you must have you can finally have all legal rights to your father's business" Mr. Thompson says getting all papers and files out that my father left with him.

"Will there be any problem with the transaction?" I ask looking at my grandfather in the eyes.

"No there should not be any problem. Your grandfather had to sign some contacts saying he shall not fight for the business back and every single penny that your parents left for you should be transferred later this week" Mr. Thompson says handing me everything.

I look at the files carefully making sure everything was to be set as how it was meant to and there was no surprises up their sleeves.

"If it were me I would have left everything to London. Seeing as he is no longer with us anymore because of your parents mistake I would have given it all to Rudy." Grandfather confessed.

My fist and jaw clenched for a second while looking at the old man sitting in front of me drinking out of his wine glass.

"You've always been a sympathetic old man" I said sarcastically.