Ch.32

Hayden's POV

"Kids dinner is ready!" I hear mom call out from the kitchen.

London looks at Dakota from his computer chair and Dakota looks at London from the bean bag before looking at me  who is on top of the bunk bed playing with a ball.

immediately I jump out of the top bunk bed and  run out of the room wanting to be first to get my plate.

Along the way London caught up to me and caught me by the back of my t shirt causing me to almost choke by how hard he pulled it.

I felt myself tripping on someone's legs while I was being held back by the back of my collar and I start to tumble down the stairs taking both London and Dakota with me.

I heard mom calling out to us but I didn't comprehend what she was saying because all I can hear is a lot of grunts, curse words, and groans of pain.

Finally coming to a stop I land on someone's feet and I look up to see mom there with a wooden spoon in hand.

"Mom- AHHH" is all you hear coming from me, London, and Dakota.

Finally we were all in the diner table quietly eating our food while dad goes on and on about the business dela he just closed.

I never payed attention to the business deals he would make nor was I interested in the family business.

Why you may ask? I have no clue but it never sat right with me.

Although I didn't like the family business my brothers were all into it.

Sometimes when they would come back from working with dad they had this blank dull look on their face making me wonder if they truly did enjoy it.

"Enough about me. I heard that your grades are coming in soon" Dad says and that's when Dakota and London look at each other worriedly.

Between all three of us those two are the closest to our parents and the least smartest.

Yet they still want to go into the family business that i want no part in.

I don't understand the concept of sitting in an office 24/7 just to sign papers and what not.

Those two are only going to run the business to the ground.

"Yeah, they are." Is all I say not knowing what else to say.

"You three better get good grades or else I will take away your stupid Xbox away" Mom says making all of us look at her weird.

"It's a ps-"

"Is that back talking i hear?" Mom says making London shut up.

I start stuffing my face with food as I'm starting to get vibrations of notifications on my phone which you can hear clearly.

"Are you going to answer that?" Mom ask and I wait until I finish all my food.

"It's most likely not important" I say already knowing it's probably one of the guys wanting to go to the street fight we heard about.

I start to power off my phone and that's when Dad and Mom start to go on about the family business and here and there Logan and Dakota pitched in some ideas.

They were so into their conversation that they didn't even notice me standing up and putting my plates in the sink.

Taking note of this I waved at them goodbye and left to my room where I rushed to get ready and snuck out through the window to see Rudys car aka my cousin waiting for me.