Ch.31

Sierras POV

After the private fight ended the underground was opened for the public and that's when I go to get a drink instead of heading straight home.

Ace does the same thing only grabbing a beer as he sits down next to me.

"Her teacher was asking about you" I say and he instantly rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his beer.

"Let's not go down that road" Ace says making me laugh.

"I've been meaning to ask but-"

"Ace, you gotta get going for the next mission" Andy says suddenly coming behind us.

Ace chugs his beer before leaving with Andy making me sigh.

I wonder what his mission is.

I order another beer before I take off for the night and that's when out of the corner of my eye I see someone sitting dow where Ace was. A couple of seconds ago. 

"Thalia, right?" I hear a familiar voice that kind of reminds me of Hayden.

My heart skipped a beat hearing the resemblance of Hayden's voice.

That's when I quickly turn to look at the person who was in Aces seat and see the Rookie.

"Who wants to know?" I ask looking at him up and down.

He had some black shorts with a grey hoodie. His mask was covering half of his face and his eyes were a dark brown. That or it can be the lighting in here.

Those eyes didn't look like my honey Pool eyes.

They looked blank and full of anger. It made me shift in my seat a little but I didn't make it too obvious.

I almost did laugh at the fact that I thought he was Hayden for a second.

"Me, that's why I asked" The rookie says as I take a sip of the beer.

"You're The rookie, right?" I say wondering why one of the Italians fighter is talking to me.

"I go by Shadow but I guess I am a rookie around here" He says as the bartender serves him a drink.

"Let's not hide around the bushes and tell me what you want" I say already bored of this conversation.

He scans the room as the crowd roars at the fight that's going on right now.

"Why do you assume I want something from you?" The rookie ask.

"That's what most people come by for" I say almost half laughing as I remember of how In less then 48 hours I got kidnapped by a teenager.

"Just want to get to know the city a bit" The rookie says and that's when I laugh in his face and finish off the rest of my beer.

"Sure" i say as I get up leave and set down a tip for the bartender.

"Wait" The rookie says grabbing me by the wrist.

"Lay a finger on me ever again and I will make sure to rip your balls off" I say looking down at his hand making him quickly retreat.

He doesn't say anything but I sit back down wanting to hear what he had to say.

"Why did you hide me that day?" He ask making me look behind my shoulder to see if Andy was still lurking around somewhere.