Ch. 16

Hayden's POV
(When he found Sierra)

Walking back home from that meeting I found it odd that she was the mysterious person everyone kept on talking about.

I knew she was one of us but I never found out why she was never up there. I have to ask her the next time I see her.

Walking through the alley of my building I immediately spot a person laying down on the ground near the trash. Thinking it was a homeless person I don't think much of it but as I get closer I soon realize that it's a girl.

She seemed to be in and out of conscious and that's when I hear her muttering something. I slowly walk towards her not wanting to freak her out in case if she was on any drugs.

People are crazy nowadays. Especially in New York.

Slowly I realize that she's covered in bruises and my heart drops realizing who she is.

Sierra

It reminds me of that day.

Coming home from a party I open the door not wanting to wake up my parents. If mom finds me coming home at this hour I am for sure dead meat.

Noticing that she wasn't in the living room Immediately I sense something off in here.

Mom always finds out whenever I sneak out.

Something doesn't feel right in here. I quietly walk into the kitchen for a water before going to my room I turn on the light.

I see moms and dads body on the floor surrounded by their own pool of blood.

No

I drop to the ground checking on them but I already knew that they were gone before feeling for their pulse.

Dakota and London.

Their was no time for me to cry. I have to find my brothers. I run upstairs to their room to find nothing.

Where the fuck are they?

Looking around everywhere out of the corner of my eyes I see someone laying face down in the bathroom.

My heart drops already knowing that's London.

My eyes start to water and I run out of the room already dialing 911.

Going into the garage thinking that it would be safe I see Dakotas body.

All of a sudden my throat goes dry, my vision gets blurry, my legs feel frozen, and my heart feels like it has just been ripped out and torn into pieces.

Apart of me was just ripped away from me.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"H-help.... me"

Seeing the bruises on her I go to check on her to see that she's unconscious.

Who the hell did this to her? I thought as I look down at her bruises.

What if someone.... if someone raped her? I feel a burst of anger rise in me but quickly I shut it off and pick her up bridal style to rush her inside the building.

Finally getting to our floor I go into my apartment and set her on my bed.

Rushing to get the first aid I hear her mumbling incoherently.

Finally finding the first aid kit I rush to her side and tend to her bruises already knowing what to do.

She has a huge bruise around her neck as if someone was choking her, a bruise near her jaw, her top was ripped a bit letting me see the other bruises that are there.

Suddenly I feel a hand on top of mine stopping me.

"Don't....don't...hurt me" I hear her mumbling still unconscious.

Feeling the anger rise again I take deep breaths remembering that I have to take care of her instead of focusing on my anger right now.

"I'd never hurt you, sweetheart" I say and she let's go of my hand. It slowly falls back down to her side. That's when I notice the bruises on her fist.

She fought back whoever did this to her.

I smile knowing that she's still the feisty girl no matter the situation but it quickly shuts off knowing that she was beaten up to this point.

When I find the person who did this to her they will be begging for me to stop. 

Seeing the black and blue bruises on her stomach my heart clenches as I turn her around and see more bruises.

"I'll find whoever did this to you Sierra and that's a promise" I mutter. For some reason I felt this need to protect her against anything it hurts me seeing her like this.

I don't even know the girl and I'm already feeling protective of her. What's wrong with me?

I can't be with her. I can't drag her into my mess. I've already done enough and I'm so close to figuring out who killed my family it'll be too risky to be involved with anyone.

I've met people that are dangerous and uncovered even more dangerous secrets that my parents tried to hide from me and my brothers.

My parents weren't as innocent as they made us to believe.

After I finish tending some bruises I take off her shoes and pull a blanket on top of her.

I sigh as I go into my closet and change into basketball shorts to go to sleep. Getting an extra blanket I go to the living room and ended up knocking out there.

Who hurt you, Sierra?

~~~~~
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!