Ch. 3

Sierras POV

I wake up and this time I'm grateful that it's a Saturday.

At least I don't have to face those idiots at school.

Knowing how Kiara likes to start drama I know for sure that everyone is going to find out why me and Drew broke up.

Kiara was my best friend since high school, now looking back at it I think she only used me to gain popularity.

I'm not saying I was popular in high school but I was good friends with the popular kids.

Here I thought that I actually made a friend for who I was.

You probably already guessed it but Drew is- was my boyfriend of three years.

To be honest our relationship was going great...Well I thought it was going great. What made him do it? I thought we were so happy together.

I can feel the tears in my eyes and I start to groan at that.

Why must I have feelings?

Mom never liked my best friend nor my boyfriend. She always tried to tell me that they aren't great people but I didn't want to listen to her. She was right at the end.

Now I feel like a loser for not paying attention to what my mom said.

Ugh it's true what they say 'moms are always right'

I get up and decide to get ready for the gym since it's the only thing right now that will keep me distracted. Well other then work but that's until later tonight.

I put on black leggings, a matching sports bra and a red sweater over it. I get my phone. earbuds and keys before i head out to the gym they have here in the third floor.

Barley anyone uses the gym since mostly old people live here. I'm not bashing or anything but most of them are retired from their high paying jobs.

I only know this because Malcom, my landlord, tells me because and I quote 'Your the only one who actually pays attention to what I say' That's why I don't like running into him because then he spills all the beans a out everyone.

Don't get me wrong Malcom is a sweet 50 year old man but sometimes he's too much.

I plug in my earbuds on my phone once I get into the elevator and put them on blast.

I close my eyes for a second just letting the music relax me for a bit before I open my eyes and see Hayden making his way to the elevator.

The elevator is starting to close and I see him say something but I can't hear him because of the music. I look at him confused and then I see him go on a full on sprint towards me.

He slides in right as the elevator was about to close.

I eye him up and down and see that he's in basketball shorts and a sleeveless grey shirt letting me see his biceps.

Oh my.

I snap out of it and press the lobby and I mentally facepalm myself.

I guess I'm going to the lobby.

I start to get notifications making me wonder who is texting me because I don't have that many friends....Or at all anymore.