Ch. 38

Hayden's POV:

For the past few days after graduation I have been booked from meetings, paperwork, back to back calls and the rest I don't want to get into.

It's been keeping me busy and I don't know if it's for the better or for the worst but I am getting quickly adjusted to all of this.

I haven't been to the underground in a while but I am for sure going tonight as more fighters are coming to New York for the mafia ball fight.

If it would have just been us I don't think that would have satisfied the guest.

The biggest question to me was why were they all letting Thalia win them at the end.

Throughout her whole fight I noticed the main bosses giving their fighters signals while fighting her. I don't think they noticed that she quickly caught on to what was going on but they did try to keep it on the low.

It reminded me of how they were just watching us like we were some kind of animals.

I look at my watch and realize it's getting late and I should be heading out around this time. That's exactly when The door creaks open to reveal my assistant with her clipboard ready to give me my agenda for Tomorrow.

"Good afternoon, sir. I suppose your ready for tomorrow's agenda?" Blair, my assistant, says already tapping away in her tablet.

"Good afternoon to you too, Blair. Yes, I suppose I am ready" I finally say and she starts reading off the agenda for tomorrow.

"Just a follow up meeting with the board again about financial problems, another meeting with your lawyers buts this time during lunch and..... new overlays about our company's next projects and investments. that will be all, sir" She says briefly looking up.

"Can you move my meeting with my lawyers for Sunday?" I say and she nods.

"Will that be all?"

"Yes that will be all. Thank you, Blair" I say and she nods.

"Just doing my job, sir" She says before leaving.

I rub the bridge of my nose and start to wonder if this is why my father would always come home with headaches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took a while getting back to the apartment building as it was rush hour but that was fine.

I finally got to loosen my tie, open a button from my button up shirt, and put the case filled with unfinished paperwork down.

Never I'm my life did I think I would be running this business that my father had helped develop to what it is now. It was always supposed to be London as he was the only one who cared for this business.

Dakota always just liked being on the down low about working here.

I on the other hand? I had no clue what I would be doing but I never in a million years think I would end up here as I said before.

I grab a bottled water from the fridge before heading into the living room and turning on the news.

While the news was playing in the background I started to go on my phone as one does when watching tv.

I didn't find anything interesting other then new drama that had to do with some reality tv celebrities.

I throw my phone aside and sigh at the sight of my case filled with unsigned papers and other stuff I have to read over.