Ch.39

The Bartenders POV

The music in the background fades as orders of drinks come in from the cocktail waitresses or to some of the people or fighters sitting at the bar.

Along with everything going on my heart starts to beat back to normal as my nervousness fades away.

Never in a million years did I think I would have been in a mission where I would be surrounded by millionaires, mobsters, illegal fighters and probably hit-men.

Or hit- women. You never know with these people.

It was a slow night since the two main targets that I've been assigned to weren't here. Well at least one of them still hasn't showed up.

"Gotta move quicker on your feet if you don't wanna hit the hay newbie" One of the managers named Angela says as she checks something off her clipboard.

"Got it, ma'am" I reply back and try to make the drinks quicker.

She just mutters something under her breath before I hear her muttering disappear.

I see a figure taking a seat at the corner. At first I thought nothing of it until I recognized the mask and took a double take.

It was Shadow.

I finished the drinks quick and por them into the glass before maneuvering my way to his side.

"Anything I can get you, sir?" I ask and he glances at me from over his shoulder before moving his body to face me.

"Vodka on the rocks" Shadow says before turning back around.

"When did they arrive?" Shadow says taking one final look at the fighters before putting his attention back on me.

I look over to the ring to see the new fighters that came in around the same time I got hired.

"Hmmm...... i would say around 2 weeks ago." I say handing him his drink.

"You gonna fight tonight?" I ask and He shakes his head no.

"Just observing for now" He says and i just nod.

"You know everyone is putting money on the Russians to knock out you and the mafia princess" I say which didn't get any reaction from him.

"Let's just wait and see for ourselves how much of that is true." Is all he says putting his drink up and towards me as a toast.

"Im just saying man. I haven't really seen you fight up there since I arrived" I shrug trying to gain his trust.

"If you haven't heard i was temporarily suspended from the stunt that the little mafia doll pulled" Shadow saya sounding a bit annoyed

"It's mafia princess actually. Not doll" A voice says from besides him that caused both of us to look towards the person.

Since when did Thalia appear. I didn't even notice her sitting down there. Nor did I even see her get here.

"Different words, same meaning" Shadow dismisses it quickly.

"She puts up a good fight but watch out for those snarky tricks up her sleeves. Literally. look what she did to me last fight" Thalia says sipping on her drink.

"From what I've seen she's been off the rails for a while. She hasn't stopped back here in a while now that I think about it" I jump in.