Ch. 22

Sierras POV

Feeling shots of pain spread throughout my body had me waking up at 4 in the morning. I had to rush to the restroom because I had this urge to throw up and I ended up throwing up blood.

Now that I look at the restroom I notice that it wasn't even mine.

My heart started racing before the door open and I see a little girl.

Rubbing my eyes I make out the face of the little girl and see that it's Bonnie.

"Dad! My Godmother is here!" She shouts and leaves.

Soon enough I see Ace right in front of me.

He glances over to the toilet and then look back down at me.

"You took some serious punches last night" Ace says.

I couldn't reply as I wince just by standing up. Quickly I clutch onto my left side of my rib.

"My bad, Matt. I thought this was my place" I say.

"It fine" He sighs.

"How bad do I look?" I ask and he point to a mirror.

I look at myself through the mirror and saw that I don't look that bad.

Other then the bruise on the left side of my jaw, the dried blood running down my nose, the few bruises on my shoulder and arms.

"Now go take a shower, you stink. Spare clothes are in the room you just came out of" Ace says walking away.

I smell myself and immediately my face scrunched up in disgust. Taking his advice I go to take a well needed shower.

When I get out of the shower I go to the room where I was at to see the black duffle bag on top of the already folded bed along with a stack of clean clothes.

I change into new undergarments, light blue jeans, a gray crop turtle neck, and I slip in my shoes.

I open the duffle bag seeing all the money in there and I stuff my dirty clothes in there.

Taking a look at myself in the mirror and see that the bruises were still there.

Why did I thought they wouldn't be there anymore after my shower? I have no clue.

Getting the duffle bag I walk out into the kitchen and see Ace and Bonnie eating breakfast.

"Good morning" I mutter sitting down with them.

Ace had already fixed me up a plate of pancakes and coffee.

"Good morning" Bonnie says stuffing her mouth with pancakes.

"How has my favorite god daughter been doing?" I ask and she instantly smiles mischievously.

"She got suspended from school" Ace says causing my mouth to drop open.

"It technically wasn't my fault" Bonnie says trying to defend herself.

"You punched one of your classmates" Ace says crossing his arms.

"She was making fun of a boy for not having friends. It's her fault for being a bully" Bonnie says and I nod proudly do her while eating some pancakes.

"The girl had it coming" I say before shutting my mouth up with pancakes once Ace shot me a death glare.

"Violence isn't always the answer" Ace says and we all fall into an awkward silence as they both look at my bruised face.

"What I'm trying to say is that you could have used your words" Ace says correcting himself.

"I agree" I say.