Ch. 14

Sierras POV

After our introduction we were seated and just my luck I was seated far from Ace and right across from The Rookie.

He kept giving me curious glances as we heard the bets going on.

"Why don't we make the fight more intriguing" Thea, my mother, says stopping all chatter.

I already knew her and dad were here which didn't worry me much. I did enough to keep my identity hidden.

"The fighters we all chose are all masked, right? Why not have them trying to unmask each other while on the process of winning?" She suggests and I tense up at this.

"I agree with, Thea. It'll make things more... interesting" Dominic says breaking the silence.

"The last two fighter will get to unmask each other" Marcelo says and they all start to agree on it.

Looking over at all the fighters I can see the pride and panic in their eyes. I know most of these fighters, I used to fight against them all the time. They of course aren't in the casinos underground but I'm different ones.

"Then it's settled. We'll see each other for the time of the ball." Dad says getting up with mom.

"We will see you guys later" Jake says standing up and shaking their hands.

With that we all start to leave with who we came with and I was dropped off where I was picked up.

Ace gets out and goes inside the underground while I lingered through the alley.

That was my first mistake of the night.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Thalia" I hear someone say from behind me. I turn around and see Hunter, the Spaniards second in command.

He was only a few steps behind me as he start to get closer and I put up my guard instantly.

"May I help you with something?" I say and he starts laughing when all of a sudden he turns serious.

"No hard feelings, kid. Just here to do what the boss said" He says and that's when he goes in for a left hook but I dodge.

I get in position and land a right blow on his jaw and another on his left eye.

"Don't make this harder on yourself, kid" he says as he lands a blow on my cheek and one after another on the right side of my stomach.

I don't say anything as I try to dodge as many hits as I can. I finally see an opening and punch him square in the jaw before I begin punching him on his side before landing the final blow on his gut.

He drops to his knees trying to catch his breath only giving me the opportunity to knee him in the face and with that he passes out.

I run away but stop when I see someone at the end of the alley. Not just someone but Russo the Russians second in command.

"You have to be kidding me" I mutter and start taking off my sweater. Russo gives me a smirk as he starts to walk closer.

I wipe the blood at the corner of my mouth and start to seize him up and down. He was bigger and more muscular then Hunter.

"Nothing personal" Russo says before charging at me.

Not today.

I punch him square in the face and dodge his punch. After I was able to get two more punches in before he starts to land some of his punches. I guess the punches Hunter got in had already made me feel dizzy. Now with Russos punch it made me start to see blurry.

He throws me to the wall making me start to see dark circles. Shaking it off I get up not wanting the darkness to consume me. I punch one after the other landing them in his jaw and chest.

He also managed to land some punches on my side but never on my face.

Finally he had enough and threw me into the brick wall. again. Spots start to fill my vision as I slide down and try to get back up.

"You had your warning last time, Thalia" Russo says looking down at me. "You were never to show your face in the ring"

Looking down at the now defended champion. I look up and see the Russians giving a dirty look for defeating their champion.

_____

Getting dropped off at the alley of the casino I start to walk off to where I have my bike parked a few blocks away.

"You should have just stayed down, kid" I hear from behind me. Before I can even turn around I feel something hard hitting the back of my head making me fall.

I slowly get up despite the feeling of wanting to fall asleep.

Turning a round I see Russo. He starts to attack which I barely manage to dodge as I start to land my own throws.

Feeling my kids get heavier and heavier at each second he takes this to his advantage and hits me straight in the face making me fall backwards.

I lay on my back and try to stand up once more but he kicks me in the side making me grunt in pain.

"This is a warning, Thalia" he says before he leaves me rot in the alley.

I focus on his back, not trying to end up unconscious in the alley again, and he starts to walk away calling Dominic.

"It would be...a shame... if anyone...found out... about her" I say grunting getting up while holding the side of my stomach. Russo stops with the phone still in his ear.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He demands turning to face me.

I start to laugh but the stop as I start to cough. I spit out and see blood.

"And now these three remain. War, blood... and most importantly Hope" I say knowing it will hit a nerve. he charges at me again. I stand my ground and look at him with a satisfied smile.

"Ah, Ah, Ah, you know the rules Russian. You can harm me but can't kill me" I say taunting him. He grabs me by the throat and picks me up slamming me into the wall again.

I claw at him as I feel my air way being cut off by the pressure.

"Next time I see you I will make sure that I am the reason that you are 6 feet deep" he says  letting me go and that's when I fall to the ground gasping for air.

That's when he finally leaves.

I slowly get up clutching onto my side and walk a few streets away before I collapse in a different alley.

Taking off the mask I had I stuff it in my pocket and I try to focus on staying conscious as more and more tiny dots fill my vision.

No. no. Not again.

I see the shape of two legs suddenly appear in front of me.

My ears start to ring and the person who is in front of me is trying to say something. Looking up I try to make out the face of whoever was in front of me.

They were trying to say something to me but I couldn't understand. It only made the ringing louder and the dots bigger.

That's when I couldn't fight it anymore.

Everything went black.

~~~~~~~
I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!