Ch. 48

Sierras POV:

I knew everything about Hayden's backstory. I felt like I knew nothing and everything about him. I felt like I invaded his privacy.

I invaded it all and i also felt guilty.

I knew it was Hayden. The Hayden I know.

After reading the names I re-read them and started googling to see if it was actually real.

I really did feel guilty.

Not just for that but because my mom had a part in covering it up for Dominic.

With that in mind I couldn't  focus on anything else.

I had started reading it and read a few other major cases that involved some famous politicians and military even DAs and a few corrupt cops.

Everything was just a huge scandal. Nothing that I didn't already know about but it's still crazy to see the corruption that your involved in.

Everything was a blur. Ever since I had gotten into the SUV and into the Airport where a private jet waited for us.

"You look distracted" Andy states while taking a sip of whatever he got from the flight attendant.

"I won't let you down if that's what your worried about" I say barely even wanting to make conversation.

I've been wanting to clear up my mind but if anything this flight is making my head spin into a thousand different directions.

Before you start no i don't get nauseous during trips.

"You better not because a lot of money is being betted on you... Ace's fight was more grand but-" Andy stops himself and clears his throat.

I tense up at hearing that. He was already so close to finishing his debt. If I knew any better I would have thought that they killed him.

When identifying their bodies we had passed by the office of the detective who was on their case and I got to see pictures of how they died.

If anything that infuriated me even more seeing that Ace stopped at nothing when protecting Bonnie.

He mumbled out a few words that I didn't get to catch but it didn't matter. All of this would end tonight.

I don't know if it was due to the injury from earlier or not but my stomach did a flip.

It wasn't a good flip either. It felt like something bad was about to happen.

For the rest of the flight it was silent and I even got to get a quick nap in before we arrived to our location.

———————————————-

A while later

We were finally in an SUV where we were heading to for the ball. I knew we were in a small island that my family owned and I had already known the trail by this time.

Many of those who competed were not told the location just kidnapped and all of a sudden they would wake up in the jet. Which is very much what happen to me other then the getting knocked out part.

While riding in the SUV it was a headache with Andy trying to talk about the rubdown and all the fighters that will be there.

I won't be presented until the 9th round and I have to last until the 15th round. He already stated that many will try to use low blows and try to even kill me which I already knew

"Why aren't you taking this seriously?" Andy finally says.

I take a long look at him and finally a long breath in before ripping my forehead. "You talk too much. I know the rundown, it's the same every year"

"You haven't been to one of these balls in 3 years. You really think the others didn't get new fighters? Only because you seen the old competitors earlier doesn't mean anything." He says annoyed.

Here we go again.

He goes off about something else and I can't really say shit other then seeing the driver take a different course missing the trail that we always take.

"Andy" I say but he was still talking.

I just sit up straight and look at him before slapping him and backhanding him again.

"Did you fu-"

We missed the dirt trail. I mouthed to him and I knew he would get it.

He scrunches his eyebrows in confusing before looking out to the window seeing that we didn't take the right course.

I look at the driver and see that he knew we caught him.

He stepped on the the gas and by the time I was getting my seatbelt unbuckled Andy was already chocking him out and fighting for the turn of the wheel.

The car started swerving as the fight for control was there at full speed.

I unbuckle the drivers seatbelt and try to open the door to kick him off but Andy had beaten me to it and soon the driver was flying out of the SUV.

Andy jumps over and starts taking control of the wheel but we never slowed down.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" I shout holding onto the passenger seat.

"THE BRAKES DON'T FUCKING WORK" he yells.

A shiver runs down my back and my heart almost beats out of my chest upon hearing those words.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THE BRAKES DONT WORK?" I yell in a panic.

"PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON" Andy yells and I try to fumble with my seatbelt.

Click

We soon see a small cliff and Andy try's to avoid it by turning but if we turned right or left we would hit trees and it'll be suicide for us.

"Andy" I manage to say before we were going up and off the cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HIIIIII IM BACK. Okay for starters I keep saying this but I'm being for reals this time I'm working on ending this book real soon so I can start on a new project.

I don't wanna leave you guys high and dry so I will TRY to be more active

Don't forget to like and comment and sorry about the short chapter!