And so he confessed.

They were in Wilburs car driving back to Wilburs place after watchin a scary movie.
Wilbur had thought a lot in the theater and decided he needed to ask Ezzie how she felt. "Ezzie..." he noticed her turn her face to him, he didn't want to look back at her. He was nervous, a knot of anxiety stuck in his chest not going away no matter how hard he had tried to force it down. "Ezzalynn uh.. I- I was wondering well actually I wanted to tell you"

he heard a small gasp coming from her seat, was that a bad gasp? It only made his anxiety worse his brow furrowing. How should he go about asking her he didn't really plan for this , he knew he wanted to do it but he didn't plan on how to word it. "I wanted to tell you that, though we haven't known each other very long you make me feel happy and I like being around you and talking to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is well... I- I like you, a lot and it might be weird to you We've only known each other for a little more then a month. Or maybe you just don't feel the same but after the movie I had to tell you ho-"

"Wilbur! Oh my god I'm so glad you said something I- Well I've been feeling the same way. I know it sounds cheesy but I feel safe and comfortable around you and I enjoy your company" Wilbur's face went red still not making eye contact with her, mainly cause he was embarrassed but he was also driving. "But Wil.. One thing, uh well I haven't had the best luck with guys in the past and have been with some shitty dudes so I'm a little on the fence about a relationship right now... could we maybe take things slow? Im sorry I just wanna make sure I'm ready and wont end up hurting either of us in the end"

Wilbur finally turned to face her for just a second "Ezzie, you don't gotta explain to me if you aren't ready yet then I'll wait. I haven't had the best relationships either so I understand why you feel that way. Just take your time." Wilbur shot her a quick smile, it warmed her heart. He was honestly just the sweetest she could tell he was a good guy.

They got to Wilbur's house and Ezzie sat on his couch while he went to his room to shower and change.
"Wil" Ezzie shouted. "Willlllburrr" she yelled again to no reply. She sighed standing up. "I swear to god Wil if your wanking off right now" she went and knocked on his door, still no answer. She started to worry, he hadn't answered to her yelling his name or her knocking fairly loud. She twisted the knob "it's unlocked, what if he hit his head.. what if he's naked .. oh god should I call someone? No .. no he's probably fine maybe just fell asleep it is kinda late" her hand was still on the door knob now slightly trembling as anxiety was washing over her. "Since when the hell was it this hard to open a damn door, if he's hurt i need to hurry" she mumbled.

She finally pushed it open to see Wilbur standing by his closet swaying while flipping through his clothes with earbuds in his ears. "Oh so that's why he couldn't hear me" she whispered to herself.
He wasn't wearing a shirt and had a loose pair of grey sweats on. "He looks so hot from the back... so lean, well built. Not too much muscle" her face went pink and she had taken her lower lip in her mouth. She took a few steps toward him reaching her hand out to tap his back when he had whipped around, her hand hit the faint out line of abs he had. He let out a little yell stepping back with a shocked expression on his face "Ezzie w-what the hell your hands are so cold ?! How dare you touch me with your icy witch hands" He said pulling his earbuds out.

"Your more worried about my cold hands then the fact I walked in on your shirtless ?! Seriously get your priorities in order sir! Anyways I was calling you but you had your earbuds in so I guess you couldn't hear me. I was gonna ask if you wanted to order some food? It's kinda late and.." She trailed off now fully taking in the view of his bare chest. "Damn.." she mumbled under her breath. "Earth to Ezza" he waved a hand infront of her face, he started laughing leaning over and grabbing his stomach "O-Oh hell this is too good. I never took you for a pervert Ezzie getting to caught up in all my handsomeness to finish your sentence? Yeah we can order something it's only 10 so the pizza place down the street should be open" He said standing up right again and putting a hand through his hair. Ezzies face was bright, she didn't even want to try and explain herself to him.

Ezzie turned to walk out of the room after giving him a thumbs up to the pizza when Wilbur grabbed her wrist pulling her back to him. Their bodies were inches apart, she could feel Wilburs breath on her face as he lowered himself toward her ear "I don't care if you see me shirtless, my cutie~" he made his voice deep and smooth with the last words, then letting her go and giving her a light loving push toward the door. She was practically squealing by the time she got back to the couch. A few minutes later Wilbur came out in a black t-shirt with a rose on the sleeve, he sat next to Ezzie putting an arm around her shoulder and grabbing the remote. "So what did you order? Pepperoni?" He asked turning on a movie that Ezzie hadn't heard of before "Well yeah I got half pepperoni and then half ham and bell pepper with grilled onions. It's actually pretty good you should try it when it gets here, which should be in 25 minutes I think." He gave her a small smile pulling her closer to him "I hope this is okay Ezzie" She gave him a slight nod signifying that she was okay with laying on him like that. The night went on and the pizza finally came. They ate almost the entire thing and laid back talking about random things like how he learned to play guitar what their favorite coffee places are and many other things. Then the topic on Ezzies childhood came up and she froze.

A/N
Uhh lol hi I haven't posted in a few days I haven't really had any motivation for things cause school has been KILLING me anyways I'll try getting a few more chapters up in the next few days. Also the next chapter is going to have some TW !
Anyways thank you for reading I hope y'all are having a good day! Don't forget to vote n stuff

( also I changed the titled which was recommended to me by a friend )