birthday gift/cat!keith au

A/N: i'm back :-) did you miss me? here is a long long long cat!keith au with smut at the end <3 i hope you like it!

Hybrids are common in Earth. 

Lance remembers the first time he's seen a hybrid. It was a long time ago, approximately 20 years. He was told a new student would be joining his class but she wasn't entirely human.

That confused him at first. What does not entirely human mean? She spoke and acted like him, had both arms and legs, and studied and followed the class just like him. The only difference was she had no ears. She had ears, but they were not on the side of her face, but on top of her head. Plus, they were twice the size of normal ones and covered in fur. Another thing was the thin, also furry, tail that appeared from her back.

Cat hybrids, is what they are called. Or just hybrids for short is fine.

Why they have different ears is a question Lance's never got an answer to. Why only cat-hybrids? Why aren't there dog-hybrids? Or bunny-hybrids? After asking every adult he knew and still confused at the end, Lance realized it's just simply because and that he'll never truly get a definite answer.

He wishes he could say that Hybrids live just like any other person in Earth, but sadly it's not the same. They usually work in blue collar jobs, and even with some degree of education, the smartest Hybrid friends that Lance knows can only obtain the lower levels job. Hybrids are also known for another thing. The thing that no one really talks about in public, but Lance fully knows what it means –prostitution.

And it's not just because of their adorable cat ears and tails- well, they are a part of the reason, but Hybrids are known to experience heats.

Heats allow them to be more giving and responsive during sex. Hybrids are known for having no restrictions during these times, willing to do anything to relief themselves, and this simple fact is extremely popular among humans.

It's grown so popular that there are so many businesses opening based around Hybrids, particularly in the sex division. According to people who had experienced it, it's a whole new world compared to normal human sex clubs. Obviously, as a guy with normals urges and needs, he's thought about it, talked to his friends about it and even googled about it; but Lance's never actually gone inside a cat-hybrid sex club.

And he doesn't plan to.

So that's why he almost loses it when he sees a cute cat hybrid sitting on his couch as he comes home.

"Pidge, I swear to god the next time we meet I will kill you." He hisses at his best friend over the phone.

His eyes glances towards the feline, watching the boy looking around the room with plain curiosity, completely oblivious to Lance's current breakdown. He looks so tiny, Lance thinks to himself, if it weren't for his long, visible legs, Lance would think he's still a kitten.

He's wearing a white sweater with washed out jeans ripped on the knees, but the thing that catches Lance's attention is the ears. Black in color as it sticks out of his head, buried in his long, black hair which is the same color.

And as if he can sense that he's being stared at, Lance watches as the boy turns his head. Big, purple eyes meet his frowned ones, looking up at him so softly Lance has to force himself to look away.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Pidge replies and Lance rolls his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. He quickly locks himself in his bedroom, not even bothering to say a word to the boy who's watching his every move.

"What is that thing doing on my couch?" He snaps.

"What thing??"

Lance sighs once again, irritation almost hitting its peak. It's late and he didn't have a particularly great day at university either. He got a troublesome partner for his math project that skinned him from all his patience. All he wanted was to cook some instant noodles for dinner and head to bed. He really doesn't need a cat stranger on top of all of that.