keith is a l0ser

Summary: Keith's date ditched him so Lance comes and fills in.

Keith sits there, mind full of thoughts while the surrounding noise around him buzz loudly yet it all seems to drift further away.

He usually doesn't do online dating but his mom has been pestering him, asking him to bring home a pretty girl. Well, that's never going to happen: he's gay as fuck.

That adds one more thing for his mom to be disappointment at. Oh well.

So if he's not able to bring home a sweet girl home, maybe he can bring home a handsome boy.

And that's how he ended up downloading a bunch of dating apps, most of them specifically for gay people, and spending most of his free time trying to figure out how to edit his bio.

Eventually, he found a boy that he doesn't hate that much. From his bio, he goes with the name Andrew- last name unknown. He has dark chocolate hair swept to the side, typical fuckboy hairstyle but what interested Keith was the fact that this Andrew boy is majoring in Arts.

Now Keith loves art. He draws and colors and paint all the time. And it's hard to find another person that holds the same interests as him nowadays.

Without really thinking, Keith pressed "yes", leading to the guy contacting him with a " hey bb". It didn't make Keith cringe honestly because he doesn't even know what bb stands for.

Keith replied back with a "Hi." and they talked and talked which consisted of Andrew trying to sexy-talk or whatever he calls it and Keith being the clueless kitten he is and not getting any of it.

But Keith is more of an action than words kind of guy, so after two whole weeks of texting non-stop, he asked for a meet-up in a restaurant nearby. Texting is fun and all, but he needs to know if Andrew views him seriously. Andrew agreed.

So here he is, sitting alone staring blankly at the empty chair in front of him.

He glances at the clock, which read 7.40 pm. They were supposed to meet up at 6 pm sharp. A few minutes or even half an hour is considered okay to be late but almost 2 hours? What the fuck.

To make matters worse, Adam MacKel is with his friends, sitting not so far away from his table. Adam is a dick, to be put simply. And he's proving it by laughing and pointing at him with his friends, clearly making fun of him. Fuck you Adam.

Keith sees the waitress walking to his table the second time this night, and he forces himself to look at her despite the shame as she asks once again. "Sir, I'm really sorry but it's been almost 2 hours and you haven't ordered anything. Are you sure you're waiting for someone?"

"Yes." Keith whispers, "I think he's just late. I'm sorry, please give me a few minutes."

The waitress nods sympathetically, and Keith can hear the snickers from Adam and his friends. Dammit. Where the fuck are you, Andrew?

Suddenly, the seat that was empty a few seconds ago was filled with a honey-skin colored boy.

"Hi, sorry I'm late, my car broke down."

What? This person doesn't look like Andrew. Not that Keith's complaining though, he realizes when he has fully scanned the boy.

He has dark brown hair, cut neatly and short. His eyes are huge and his lips looks so smooth and full, pulled into the biggest smile Keith's ever seen.

"Name's Lance, the person who's late is a real dick. Just go with it, yeah?" The boy- Lance whispers.

Keith blinks. Oh. Oh.

"Hi...Lance," Keith says slowly, looking at still grinning Cuban boy in front of him. The snickers has stopped, Keith realizes as he glances at now the staring classmates. Adam looks disappointed, probably because I can get more dick than he can with chicks. Heh.

"So, let's order, yeah?" Lance says, the stupidly endearing grin still plastered on his face.

And so that's how he ends up with Lance McClain- he learns that's his full name, talking about..well, everything. Lance doesn't major in Art, Keith learns, "The only art I can do is drawing lines. Heck, my lines aren't even straight!" Lance says. So Lance is funny.

Lance is indeed Cuban and he has a big family, with 4 little brothers, 2 little sisters and 2 older sisters. He likes skateboarding, dancing and swimming. His favorite color is Blue, like the ocean he says and he hates pickles.

Another thing Keith learns is that they are the same age and Keith almost slaps himself when he finds himself feeling a little bit too giddy.

"So, enough about me. What about you? You haven't said a word." Lance says, leaning forward slightly with his hand on his cheek.

Keith blinks. Uh.

"I, uh, I like art?" He says it like it's question but Lance nods, encouraging him to go on so he does. "I like drawing and painting. Mostly drawing."

"Cool. My sister likes doing art too. You'll both get along well, you'll love her when you meet her."

Keith's gay heart flips when he hears Lance uses 'when' instead of 'if'. Does that mean he's going to meet his sister?

"I'd love to meet her." Keith finds himself saying.

The other boy looks at him with slight surprise but he quickly dismisses it with a bright smile that has Keith melting.

The more time passes by and the more they talk, the more Keith finds himself thinking less about Andrew and more about Lance Lance Lance.

"So," Lance says, "I have to go now, sorry." Keith's heart sinks a little but he nods.

"I told my sisters I'll be home for dinner. But I guess I won't be eating anymore," He says, laughing in the end.

He places his hand on Keith's- fuck my heart, and looks at him with those mesmerizing brown eyes that has Keith melting.

"Listen, it was really nice meeting you, even if accidental. Maybe we can meet again someday, yeah?"

Yes. I would love that, Keith thinks.

Lance makes a move to leave and Keith realizes how little of a percentage they'll be able to actually meet again in this big city. What if Lance doesn't actually live here and is only visiting his sister? There's a lot of possibilities now that Keith's thought about it and the more he does, the more he knows he won't be able to meet this gorgeous, funny and bubbly guy called Lance McClain ever again if he doesn't make the first move.

It's now or never.

"Wait."

Keith calls out a little too loudly, he notices as some of other customers are looking at them. He also realizes that he has grabbed a tight grasp onto Lance's blue sleeve. Unconsciously or consciously, he's not sure.

Lance looks at him with wide eyes, silently encouraging him to go on and just fucking spill it out, Kogane.

"I- You-" Keith starts.

He sees Lance smile. It looks genuine, a little bit tease in it but still, it gives Keith a newfound confidence to look at him straight in the eye.

"Can I have your number?"

Lance's smile grows wider if that's even possible and he takes his phone out of his pocket. Unlocking it, he shakes his head in amusement, "Thought you'd never ask."

"Shut up."