superhero au

A/N: I READ THIS REALLY GOOD BOOK OF SUPERHERO AU AND GOT INSPIRED BY IT. THIS IS A SHORT DRAFT. ENJOY.

Keith cursed when two more men with black clothing appeared, head whipping around as he punched the guy in his arms out cold.

Where did these guys come from? What were they so many? More apparently, why were they all dressed in black? Was it a traditional uniform for villains?

Keith was a superhero, or whatever the media and his fanbase liked to name him (though he never actually agreed to it) but he was never interested in wearing tight, bright colored spandex that shaped his balls or the famous cape. He simply wore a red mask, a bit dirty from the last time he had it cleaned. He was a busy man, sue him.

"Leave us alone," one of the guards growled, revealing a knife that glistened in the moonlight in the dark alleyway.

Stepping over passed out men smudged with blood, he whipped out his own knife, a handsome smirk splayed on his face as he strove forward. He made the first attack, lunging the knife forward to the arm to make him drop the knife but the man moved out of the way at the last second, lifting his leg to kick Keith on the back, making him fall forward.

He landed on his knees, immediately turning around just in time when the man was attacking, using his knife to block away the attack.

The man frowned, pushing his teeth together in anger as he pushed harder. Keith used this opportunity to kick him hard in the shin, causing him to fall backwards as Keith quickly slipped the knife under his chin, the tip just slightly touching the sweaty, veiny neck.

"Who sent you here?" Keith asked, pushing the knife slightly against the skin harder, not enough to draw blood but enough for the man to look at him with fear.

Keith frowned in confusion when his eyes drifted from his. He saw the slow smirk forming on his bloody lips and he turned around, eyes widening at another man lunged at him. Just in time, he was able to dodge the attack but he let go of the man, watching with fury as more men came running over, fully armed. Keith counted there could approximately be 7.

"Admit it, Red," one of the guards said, smirking, "You're outnumbered."

"Fuck you," Keith stood, hands tightening on his knife as his other hand reached behind to pull out another knife, longer and sharper. Though, he knew there was no way in hell he would win this fight. He would be lucky enough to even take down 5 of them, but considering how unlucky his day had been going (thanks Jesus appreciated your help), he knew that would be more than unlikely. His eyes quickly scanned the surroundings, trying to find a way to escape this somehow.

If he did make it out of here alive, he really needed to do some research on these guys.

"Any last words, Red?" The man cackled, going closer to him. Keith could feel his heartbeat quickening. There was really no way to escape. Behind him was a brick wall. The only way to go out was through the angry looking people that was about to kill him...so yeah, no thanks.

"Hey, can I answer that question?"

Keith frowned, looking at the men. Turns out they were confused too, looking around them to find out who just spoke.

"I'm right here, guys. No no- up here. Yeah. Hold on, did I answer the question already? Does it count as my answer or can I answer again?"

Keith looked up, eyes widening to see a figure on top of the building.

"Who's there?" The man shouted, eyes hinting towards the man to attack when he signalled him to.

"The name's Blue," he said, LITERALLY jumping from the freaking building and landing perfectly fine beside him and lifting his head up, showing his blue mask.

"Blue?" The man said, unconvinced.

"Blue?" Keith said, scruning his nose in disgust.

The boy -Blue- shrugged, pulling out a gun to Keith's surprise, holding in in front of him, smiling when the men frowned, obviously displeased at the sudden change of plans. Keith didn't like this one bit, he didn't know if this guy was legit a superhero or he was those bored guys who dress up as their 'idol' and ended up doing the opposite of what they wanted. But he guessed, it gave him more time to think of an escape plan.

Before he knew it, Blue had ran forward, full on attacking the men one by one, fist punching the face and kicking the stomach and ripping out some hair -ouch-. Keith was impressed but he shrugged it off and ran after the boy, knowing they might had a chance working together.

The did. After a lot of punching and kicking and stabbing, the only one left was a scrawny little dude, trembling in fright as he glanced towards his unconscious friends.

Both Keith and his new so called partner walked up towards him, kicking away a guy in the process and probably breaking his nose. Keith squatted down, hands on his thighs as he peered down at him.

"I'm gonna have to ask you some questions and you're going to answer me, okay?" His voice sounded sweet but the boy knew if he said no, Keith would not mind getting answers in another, much more hurting way.

The boy nodded hurriedly, tears forming at the sides of his eyes. Blue looked like he felt bad for the person but he didn't say anything, simply stood by Keith's side.

"Who sent you here?"

The boy looked terrified to answer the question but when Keith made a move to grab his knife, he shook his head again, stopping him.

"I-I don't know, I just came because-the money. I got offered some money-please don't kill me!" He cried.

"I won't," Keith said softly, "But you gotta tell me who sent you here the first place. Then we'll help you, I promise."

The boy looked unsure at first, but he slowly nodded, blinking hardly. "He was a big dude. I didn't see him but I heard from the others he was named-"

Suddenly, a shot rang through their ears as the boy gasped, blood spurting out of his mouth before he fell dead backwards, eyes still wide open in shock. His stomach started to stain, blood spreading until it was dripping on the ground.

Keith immediately stood up, knife ready to strike whoever did it. Yet he saw one of the barely unconscious man chuckling, the gun on his hand slipping down. He killed his team to protect his boss, Keith thought.

He made a move to strike, yet the man grabbed a hold on a knife and stabbed his chest with him, ending his own life.

It was quiet until finally Keith accepted that no one else was coming and everyone else here was unconscious. He turned around to Blue, almost forgetting he was here.

"Thank you for your help," he said, before walking past him to go home. He smelled like blood and sweat and his muscles were so sore. Definitely needed a hot bath after this.

"Hey," Blue called out to him, making him turn around.

"What?"

"Nothing," he shrugged, "Just wanted to say goodbye."

Keith could feel the sides of his face warming up yet he brushed it off, nodding stiffly. "Goodbye, Blue."

"See you around, Red." Blue called out from behind him. Keith didn't answer, just kept walking forward but he could feel his mouth twitching up to a small smile before he could stop himself.

Maybe the city needed more than one hero.

A/N: so what do you think? is this good enough to have a sequel chapter or should it just stay like this and i'll leave it to your imagination? what au should I do next? idk bro youre the reader, i'm just here to fulfill ur needs. :)