keith has a diary au

a/u: heyo. sorry for the long update please blame it on school and the fact that life sucKs. can i just skip to the part where i become rich and marry a really hot guy?

"Yeah yeah dude," Lance nodded, ear against his phone, "Alright- Yeah...Okay....Cool...See you."

He hanged up the phone call with a sigh, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose in slight annoyance, yet he was slightly glad that Keith had no other choice but to lend him the keys to grab something he'd forgotten.

Keith didn't let anyone in his room. That was one of the things Lance had came to realize in being friends with Keith. He remembered the first time when he had suggested watching the world cup in Keith's house since it was the closest, but Keith had politely declined and no one said anything about that but when Lance had refused being host because his grandmother came to visit, he was called a variety of nicknames he didn't like by Pidge and even Hunk called him a loser.

Lance thought they were probably kind of scared of Keith. And he didn't really blame them. The half Texas half Korean boy was always set into a frown, a glare sharp enough to cut. His fists were always balled up into tight fists just like those memes Lance remembered seeing from scrolling past through Instagram.

The second time he didn't catch on the 'I don't like people going to my house cause I'm emo' sign was when they all went out to drink together. It was late night and Lance did not feel like walking home this late at night. He had asked Keith if he could crash at his place, but the boy stuttered out some reasons, saying his cat was sick and he didn't want Lance to catch it. Lance was drunk that time and just shrugged and said it was fine.

When he did finally get the unspoken memo between his group of friends, it was an hour ago. Keith was in his soccer practice, his whole body drenched in sweat. Lance had been walking with Hunk, talking about the new Korean girl group that just made their debut, when Keith called out to him.

"Yeah?" Lance smiled at him, jogging to get closer. Keith swiped his forehead with the back of his hand before swiping his drooping locks back with his fingers.

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" He asked him.

Lance raised his eyebrows. Keith rarely asked for favors. The independent boy liked doing things by himself. He liked keeping track of what he's doing and testing himself if he could succeed.

"What is it?"

"Look, I have to tutor this kid right this but I completely forgot the books at home and he has this test tomorrow and he would really kill me if I don't bring it," he said, frowning at himself. Lance would bet anything the boy was probably taking it on himself for this.

"Relax," Lance chuckled, lightly shoving Keith's shoulder. "I'll get it before your practice ends. Where is it?"

Keith chewed on his lower lips, just like how he always did whenever he was nervous. His eyes avoided Lance's when he mumbled, "My house."

"Wait. Your house? The infamous off limits Kogane house?"

Keith rolled his eyes but there was a small smile. "Don't make me change my mind, Lance."

Laughing, the boy walked backwards a few steps before turning around, waving his hand with his phone in it as he called out, "Send me your address!"

He came here with curiosity killing him and a hint of pride that he was the only one out of his friend group that has even step foot inside Keith's house. Even Pidge had tried hacking into the boy's security camera to just take a glimpse of what was so secret but after a long glare from Keith, she quickly gave up.