short fic i wrote while pooping

Getting that new job and working late everyday has a major toll on Keith's life, to be honest. Other then being tired all the fucking time, he's also becoming a bit more grumpy than usual. Everything pisses him off and he hates it and that pisses him off even more.

Yawning sleepily, Keith steps out of the lift, eyes drooping as he stumbles across the hallway, his bag making a soft scratching sound against the carpeted floor as he drags it lazily.

45....46....47....

Time seems to move slower as he searches for room 56. All Keith wants to do is to strip down naked and jump right into the satisfying, cold sheets of his warm bed.

But he finds himself enable to do that when the door beside his room opens, stopping him momentarily from his sleepy posture.

"Babe you can't do this!" A swarthy boy cries out as someone from the inside pushes him out. A few seconds later a bag filled with worn clothes are thrown to the boy, and he throws it down to the floor, about to step back in the room before the door shuts close in front of him, and Keith hears a harsh click of lock.

The thrown boy drops his head against the door, sighing loudly and covering his face with his hands.

"Um." Keith gulps down, not knowing what to say in this kinds of situation. Keith's seen the guy before, as he's his neighbour's boyfriend, seemingly so. Keith also knows how frequent fights happen between the couple as well, hearing heated arguments almost every night through the apartment's paper thin walls.

Lance. Keith remembers Chloe -his neighbour- saying at some point. He looks down at the depressed, crouching boy. He looks away awkwardly. Should he...say something? This is what Shiro would do, right?

"Um," Keith says again, a little bit louder this time. He almost chokes when Lance turns his head to the side, looking at him with red eyes. Is he...crying?

Keith is pulled back to the world when Lance chuckles a bit and takes a deep breath, before standing up. He looks to the ceiling for a while before saying, "Sorry. Didn't mean to make you feel weird."

Uh. What should he say? Think, Keith, think!

"I have a room," Keith blurts out. Lance looks at him funny and Keith blurts out again, "If you wanna- you know."

He can see the corner of Lance's lips twitching up in amusement and he quickly apologizes. "To hang out or something, I don't know. You don't have to. You can just sit here.."

Lance laughs now, wholeheartedly as he picks up his thrown bag and swings it over his shoulder. "Alright, man, I don't see why not. I don't have a place to stay anyway."

Keith opens the door and lets Lance in, muttering a soft "Sorry it's kind of messy, I don't get a lot of visitors." Which is a big fucking lie considering the fact that he just cleaned it last night.

He hangs his bag while he sees Lance plopping down on his couch, legs wide apart and he drops his head backwards at the corner of his eye.

"So.." Lance starts, making Keith turn to him fully, "Keith, right?" Keith nods, "Chloe probably mentioned me before "

Hearing the blonde's name, Lance bright eyes shift away, his full lips forming a small pout that Keith can't help but think, Cute.

"Sorry," Keith says, sitting down on a chair in front of Lance. Lance sighs and shakes his head, glancing at Keith, "No, it's fine, dude. Don't apologize. I'm used to it, kind of."

"Used to what?" Keith can't help but pry, "Used to being kicked out?" Lance grins and Keith can't help but add, "Are you used to someone inviting you over too?"

"No, not really. You're the only one."

After that, Keith finds himself sitting upside-down beside Lance on the coach, his mullet hanging down prettily as he glances over to the boy. Lance turns his head to him, grinning when Keith flushes and looks away.

"How long have you lived here?" Lance asks, playing with his toes.

"5 years?" Keith ponders, "I don't know, actually. It's been a long time."

Lance sits up, eyes still glued to Keith. "Wait- how old are you again?"

"19."

"You've been living alone since 15?"

"14, actually. But yeah," he shrugs- it's hard doing that upside down-, "My parents left me when I was young."

Keith notices how Lance's eyes soften and a hand, god it's so warm, on his shoulder. "Sorry," he says, squeezing his hand a little. Keith sits up and looks at him, eyes a bit dazed from all the blood that went up to his head and says,

"You're unhappy with her."

He doesn't let Lance say anything, "You think you look happy but you don't. I can see it, you know. You don't have to pretend just so- I don't know what's your excuse? Parents? Friends? Yourself, maybe, can be happy. It doesn't work like that, Lance."

Lance looks past Keith's shoulder, gulping down slowly. "You seem to know a lot."

Keith stays quiet, eyes hazing as he stares of a distance, the room getting quiet Lance can hear his own heartbeat thumping rapidly, but it falls deaf to his ears when Keith laughs, soft and so sweet, eyes moving back to Lance's confused face and he leans forward until he was an inch in front of him.

Eyes wide, Lance finds himself lost in the pool of warm galaxy. He admits that the boy is indeed gorgeous, despite the small freckles he can see covering under his eyes and across his cheeks in random positions. And those lips. So full and so....

Shit.

He pulls back and looks away, a hand instinctively shooting up to rub on his neck in a soothing manner. He tries avoiding the disappointing flicker in Keith's eyes as he coughs, and Keith stands up, nodding to himself and walking away.

"You can stay here for as long as you want," he hears Keith says softly, before he disappears out the door.

Lance sighs, dropping his face onto the sofa, questioning his sweaty fingers, rapidly beating heart and a semi-hard on.

it's really short and does it look half assed because my igcse has started T^T i'm trying my best to write as much as I can. anyways, hope you enjoy this uwu