superhero au pt2

a/n : ok but y'all know klance fandom is slowly dying right

"Ah, Red," Jay sneers, his teeth shining in the moonlight. A child is taped to a chair beside him, a gag between her lips as she struggles to get free, but Jay holds her tightly, his smile never faltering and his sharp eyes never leaving Keith. "So we meet again."

Jay, in short, is an asshole. He thinks superheros  are fake and makes it his duty to expose every each one of them. Though, he never really succeeds, he still made it into Red's top people to punch the daylights out. It's a shame really. Jay is pretty cute, with short black hair and sharp dark eyes.

Keith knows the little girl as Pidge, always seeing her walking down the street towards the library everyday. She's a snarky little girl, Keith noticed. And he's proven correct when she bites, through the cloth, Jay's finger that's a little bit too close.

"Fuck, you bitch!" Jay snatches his hand away and growls.

"Let her go, Jay. Then I'll spare some time to fight you," Keith said.

"You think you're such a hero, don't you? You're pathetic, Red. Today's the day I find out who you are and tell the whole fucking world who's the pathetic little bitch under that mask."

Keith looks at him. "Okay. Cool story. So are you going to let her go or not?"

Jay grits his teeth, drawing out his gun from his pocket and Keith's eyes widen. He's so used to Jay's harmless small knives and smoke bombs that an actual loaded gun surprises him.

"You suprised I have a gun?" Jay smirks, "Scared, are you?"

"Not really."

"See! You are scared," Jay laughes and points it towards Pidge, who stops struggling when she feels the cool surface against her cheek. She doesn't scream but her green eyes yell out to him to hurry the fuck up and save her. "Maybe I'll shoot her. So that tomorrow I can see the headline, written in big bold letters, Superhero Red is unable to save this sweet, sweet little girl?"

Keith stares at him, watching him smile, showing off his gleaming teeth. Then he cocks his head to the side, giggling to himself. "Maybe," he whispers, but enough for Keith to hear.

"Maybe I'll just shoot you right here."

Just as he finishes his sentence, his arm shoots up, so quickly that Keith gasps as he turns his torso to the side, watching with wide eyes as the bullet flies past him and to the wall, the bullet, silver and shining in his eyes making a small crack in the wall. His head whips back to a gleaming Jay, twisting the gun in his hands.

"Man. Having a gun really does it all, hm? I wonder why it took me this long to finally get me one. It's so easy to use too," he snickers.

He aims the gun back to Pidge, his eyes never leaving Keith's violet ones. The hero feels his teeth rub against each other in focus. What to do. What to do. His finger twitches around his knife, his hands telling him to just shoot the damn thing towards him but his brain knows it wouldn't be fast enough.

Maybe if he runs back first and distract him. Maybe.

But before he can summarize his plan, something (or someone) flies past him and towards Jay, kicking the gun from his hands and to the floor. Jay hisses in surprise, looking up right before he's kicked to the ground so quick Keith almost never catches it.

Jay holds his stomach, groaning in pain and looking up, squinting his eyes to see better in the din light of the street lights. A figure stands in front of him and as his vision clears, he frowns in confusion and irritation.