keith has amnesia au

I realized my book mostly only consists of smut, fluff and uh smut with fluff. I was feeling kind of down yesterday so I decided to make this kind of angsty au. It is going to have a part two as I enjoyed writing it :) Thank you for you all who followed me, commented, voted or simply read this book. It really means a lot to me that a lot of enjoy things I do when I'm bored :,) ily <3

Also don't forget to check out my other books. Enjoy :)

au where Keith forgets all his memories

"It's highly possible that he won't remember anything. Maybe when time passes by, he would slowly start to piece things together. I'm sorry."

Lance couldn't believe what he heard. The words sank in, taking his heart along with it as the doctor's voice fall deaf to his ears. The only thing he could hear were soft sobs and when his vision got blurry and he could see tears landing on the ground, he realized it was him crying.

"Lance, are you alright?" The doctor soft voice reached to him, yet it seemed so so so far away.

Unable to form words, he tried to nod his head. Yet he couldn't bring himself to do that. Instead, he shook his head, his face wet with tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he croaked out, words muffled by hands covering his face to wipe his unstoppable tears away.

He wanted to stop crying, really. But he couldn't. How could he? It was his fault in the first place. He shouldn't had shouted at his boyfriend. Shouldn't had let him out the house knowing he was in an angry, unstable state. Shouldn't had known Keith was going to ride away with his motorcycle.

Now Keith probably didn't recognize him.

Lance sniffed loudly, nose blocked from the crying. "Can I see him?"

The doctor looked unsure, hesitant. Probably because Lance's eyes were red and he was still trying his best not to cry, teeth biting his lower lip so hard it was turning white. But he said nothing and nodded anyways.

Lance felt his breathing stop when he finally opened the door and stepped inside. He was here for the past few weeks, only going out to get food and the toilet. He didn't even remember the last time he showered, too concerned for his boyfriend and his guilt. Yet, it felt so foreign.

He didn't let the breath go when Keith's head turned towards him, an unfamiliar gaze on his eyes.

"Keith, I-"

"Who are you?"

He knew he should had it coming. He really did. What did he expect? That Keith was going to be okay after his motorcycle accident? But he still felt hopeless. Like a building just fell on him. He was unable to move, unable to think, unable to even apologize and say Keith, baby I'm so sorry.

A nasty voice in his head whispered to him that he should be glad Keith didn't remember who made him like this. And with that, Lance broke down.

He ran towards the confused boy, wrapping his trembling arms around the skinny frame, whispering apologies as he cried hard. Keith smelled of the hospital and medicines and Lance found himself inhaling it like a drug.

Hesitant arms slowly wrapped around Lance's waist and it was then Lance felt he had the slightest bit of hope.

He pulled away with a sad smile, yet still letting his hands rest on the boy's shoulders.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Keith questioned. Then he looked around and frowned, "Why am I in the hospital?"

Okay, Lance thought, he can do this.