XIV

ᴛʜᴇ ᴍʏsᴛᴇʀɪᴏᴜs ᴍᴀɴ

The sun was well off into the sky showering the land below with its warmth, Venti and Paimon left M/n to venture about in his deer form for the time being

The sun was well off into the sky showering the land below with its warmth, Venti and Paimon left M/n to venture about in his deer form for the time being. Venti made sure to warn M/n about poachers and to be careful to avoid them. M/n assumed he was doing a good job of avoiding potential poachers but he was wrong, a stranger was watching from above. The man had never seen a red deer in his life and stalked it as it interacted with other animals in the forest that it wandered into.
"Hmm, it would be wise to strike now before it leaves the forest."

"I wouldn't release that arrow if I were you."Before the poacher could react, another knocks him out of the tree and lands next to the now unconscious poacher who fell from the tree.
"What a beautiful deer, you almost got yourself killed."

"Thank you, kind sir!"

"....Did you just...Speak?!"M/n could have facepalmed if he had hands at the moment, he didn't mean to say anything, he was going to nod and run off but now things have taken a strange turn.
"Uhh, I didn't touch poison did I? Hm couldn't have but animals can't talk and you just did."

"Indeed I did, I wish to thank you for saving me, my name is M/n, king of Vestal. Who might you be good sir?"

"My name is Dainsleif, your majesty."Dainsleif bows respectively towards M/n as he turns back into his elven form. M/n smiles while telling the blonde-haired man to stand upright.
"Are you hungry? I know a great restaurant in Mondstadt, I wish to replay your kindness."

"I was actually on my way to Mondstadt, thank you for your kindness, your majesty."

"Just M/n please."M/n leads the mysterious man back to Mondstadt without a problem, however, M/n couldn't get a read on the man with him. The left half of the man's face was covered by his bright blonde hair and he was cladded in black and yet...M/n didn't feel as if he were in danger. Sadly enough he felt safer with the stranger than Zhongli.

Once in Mondstadt, M/n was greeted brightly by the people of the city but soon as they saw the man trailing him, they grew curious. It was unusual to see the red-head with anyone else.
"M/n, dear you have a trailer. Should I contact-"

"No, he's a new friend that helped me out-"

"Okay, I'll trust you for now but if that friend of yours causes any trouble, I'll contact one of the boys to handle him, anyway, I'll give you two the table on the balcony!"

"Thanks, Missie! Come this way sir Dainsleif!"
The blondie merely shrugged his shoulders and followed after the joyful king and the waitress up some stairs and out to a flower-covered balcony.
"I'll start you two off with Vanilla earl grey tea."

"Thank you, Missie."As Missie heads down the stairs she panics! Diluc and surprisingly Zhongli walked into the restaurant, Missie was at a complete loss on what to do. You see Missie is aware of the situation and knows that it's best for them not to interact with each other; given that Zhongli is the aggravator.
"Hey, Missie-"

"Sorry I'm busy at the moment, excuse me and I'll be back with you!"Missie runs by in a flash all the while screaming profanities in her head on a loop as she rushed to the kitchen.
"Guys we have a problem!"

Back with M/n and Dainsleif, the two sat in a surprisingly comfortable silence until Dainsleif spoke up.
"What are you doing so far from home?"

"I originally came to help a man named Diluc then I was going to head back to Vestal but I fainted and ended up in a two-week coma however I decided to stay awhile before going home. What brings you to Mondstadt?"

"Nothing special, I came here to look for someone but ended up having dinner with a king, what are the chances this will happen again?"M/n chuckles lightly at Dainsleif sweet words, somehow this felt familiar to the blondie, however, his memory had been faulty for the past two hundred years.
"I feel as if know you, M/n."

"Well a lot of people know who I am, so what do you mean?"

"Like we've-"Dainsleif's head snaps over towards the door, he placed a hand on his sword while quietly standing to his feet, when the door was thrown open it was Missie; huffing and puffing.
"M/n we have a problem!! Zhongli is here and he getting antsy because I wouldn't allow him to come up to the balcony!"

"Son of a- I have to get out of here-"

"Who are you running away from? I can assist you if needed. However, in all honesty, you shouldn't have to run from anyone, walk by with your head held high and show no fear. Because the more fear you show, the more he'll pick on you. I'll be at your side, your majesty."