XXVII

Tʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴏᴜᴛʀɪᴅᴇʀ ɪɴ Mᴏɴᴅsᴛᴀᴅᴛ?

Things have gotten a bit, no very awkward between M/n and Zhongli due to the talk that the Geo Archon and Dainsleif had while in Snezhnaya

Things have gotten a bit, no very awkward between M/n and Zhongli due to the talk that the Geo Archon and Dainsleif had while in Snezhnaya. However, the awkwardness only stems on one side; Zhongli's. Besides that M/n has been on the hunt from the stranger he called out to in Snezhnaya, he assumes the person could have been a bard just like Venti and asked all those he knew about the song sung.
Not even Venti knew the name of the song when M/n snug it to him.
"Man...I can't believe no one knows it..."M/n would often wander the field to comfort himself and gather his thoughts and occasionally a certain dragon would watch from above or even join M/n.

However, today was a bit different because there was someone else in the field watching M/n from afar and it wasn't Childe. The mysterious male watched from the shadows until he heard a loud swaying and the wind picking up. He looks up just to see the dragon that caused trouble for Mondstadt until Aether came along and it was heading right for M/n. His body moved on pure instinct and he used a giant tree branch to knock the dragon away.
"Are you alright-"

"DVALIN!!"M/n paid the male no mind and ran straight for Dvalin to check on him, the poor dragon was stunned from the smack and could only whimper a bit.
"Oh, poor baby! Hey! What's wrong with you? Don't you know that Dvalin now helps to protect Mondstadt!?"

"Sorry, I didn't know that. I thought you were in danger, your majesty."M/n finally turns around to face the man who attacked Dvalin.

The man's silver eyes gazed curiously at M/n as he was being lightly glared at by the 'younger'

"*Sigh* Well you had no way of knowing, so I can't be angry at you anymore...Well, I'm sure you know who I am, may I know who you are."

"My name is Escal, it's an honor to met you."

"Now that the formalities are over, I'll be going now."There was an extremely painful feeling in his chest the longer he stayed in Escal's presents and he couldn't understand why. So he healed Dvalin then stood from his kneeling position however he stood up far too quick and was hit with a dizzy spell.
"Ngh!"

"Your majesty!?"M/n sways just as Escal rushes to stop his fall, upon contact M/n shivers as the snowflake mark throbs lightly. Then it hit M/n; the cloaked person he saw back in Snezhnaya.
"It was you... You're the one who sung that song... Could you sing it for me, just this once and I promise never to ask again!"

"Your majesty, you can ask anything of me and I'll gladly do it."

"No, I wouldn't want to force you..."Escal insist that he sing, saying it would be a dream come true to have the king listen to his song. So M/n gave in, allowing the older male to lead him to a tree stump to sit. Escal felt nervous and M/n could tell but not for the reason M/n thought.
Escal took a deep breath and started to sing for the king.『Play the song at the very top

❝Iᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴇᴇᴍs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ϙᴜɪᴇᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ
Iᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ғᴇᴇʟs sᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴋ
Hᴏᴡ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡs ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Cᴏɴsᴛᴇʟʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ɢᴏɴᴇ sᴏ sᴏᴏɴ
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀs ʙᴏʟᴅ
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ғᴜɴ
Nᴏᴡ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴏɴᴇ...

As ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟɪɢɴ
I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀs ᴀ sɪɢɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ
Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴇᴠᴇɴ Rɪɴɢs ᴄᴏʟʟᴀᴘsᴇ
Aʟᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ʟᴀsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ
Wʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ

Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ Cʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɢᴏᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Uᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ~❞

M/n didn't realize it just yet but he cried as he listened, the reaction that Escal wanted to see.
"That's a very beautiful lullaby, sir Escal. Who was it for?"

"....My younger brother, I used to sing it to him while he slept. I felt like it would be sincerer when I did, I knew it was because he would smile in sleep and nuzzle my hand that I used to run through his hair."

"You must miss him dearly."

"Indeed, such a sweet child he was. Anyway, it was an honor to sing for you. Say, are you heading back to Mondstadt by any chance?"M/n nods while he stood from the stump. Escal shyly admits that he had lost his way mere hours before they met causing M/n to chuckle at the white-haired male. Suddenly M/n realized he didn't feel the pain in his chest from earlier nor the discomfort. He felt oddly at ease now and yet it startled him to a new level.
There's something about him that I can't place...Maybe I should ask Diluc and Xiao, they're both better at the judgment of someone's personality.

M/n didn't want to seem rude, so he pushed those thoughts away and took to having a nice conversation with Escal. As the two talk about the world around them, M/n took notice of a beautiful flower tattoo on Escal's neck.
"That's a beautiful flower, it's... It's almost familiar..."Escal throws his hand over the tattoo and casually drops that he got it during his travels. As much as M/n wanted to believe him, he just couldn't.

 As much as M/n wanted to believe him, he just couldn't