XXXIII

Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴠɪsɪᴛ

"So...What brought you here, unannounced, Duke Zylith.."M/n forces out as the tension in the sitting jumps to a new level. Hell, even Andrius wasn't pleased with the duke's sudden and unannounced drop in on the knights in Mondstadt. This wasn't how the day was supposed to go, Diluc wanted to take a trip of you the winery for the day before they all began to head to Liyue. Now those plans have been pushed back or so M/n hopes.
"Well, my letters didn't seem to reach you, your majesty, given how busy you've suddenly are, so I came to visit before you got busy once more. It seems you're in the middle of planning an expedition, so I came at the right time."

"Ah, sorry... Anyway, you're right. Later on, we're heading out but I guess we have time for tea and possibly lunch.."M/n was visibly uncomfortable with the situation and Andrius was becoming antsy; occasionally letting loose a few low growls aimed at Zylith. Veronica, grew anxious as the growls sounded off more frequently as the two 'casually' spoke but it was more casual on the duke's side.
"Your majesty, I think it would be better to have Andrius wait in the courtyard until this visit is over."

"And why should he have to leave? This is his home and he shouldn't have to leave because we have visitors."M/n said politely with a hint of irritation but what he said translates to; ❝Andrius is more important than either of you and he shouldn't have to leave when you're the unwanted guest
Veronica was taken aback by M/n's immediate response to her request and even more by the beautiful smile on his face. M/n was sick of it already, he knew that Diluc and Xiao planned this trip and it was annoying that it's being pushed back.
"Anyway, since we're on a tight schedule we'll have to skip tea and have lunch since you came at an inconvenient time." Thank you Albedo and Ajax for teaching me proper royal etiquette the week before! If I didn't learn this stuff I wouldn't know how to be rude in the most polite way possible!!

Lunch was made rather quickly and everyone gathered at the table much to Zylith's surprise, he was expecting to have lunch with M/n and just him, not everyone, and when I say everyone; Andrius was chowing down on his frozen meal off to the right of M/n.
"Tsk looks like we won't make it to the winery until dawn..."

"Be nice Xiao~"M/n Scolds playful while the others chuckle lightly at the small banter that plays on between the two. Veronica glares at the males, she could sense disrespect in the air, mainly from Xiao in this moment.
"You should be mindful, sir Xiao. Zylith is a duke and you should show him respect."

"Who the hell are you talking to."Xiao slams both his hands onto the tabletop. No one at the table made a move and nor did Andrius.
"Calm down you two. Miss Veronica, Xiao is still 'young' and this is how we enjoy each other here at the Knights of Favonius. We tease each other all the time, so he isn't being rude or anything of the sort. Also, remember this isn't Snezhnaya, this is Mondstadt; a land with no ruler. Which means Zylith's statues as a duke holds no weight here."

"....." On the outside, M/n seemed very put together but on the inside, he was losing his mind! He could sense the raising anger between the three and quite frankly, it made him feel tired, so he leans his hand over to the left only to have his ears bump into Albedo's should. The Alchemist smiles fondly at M/n and Zylith couldn't stand it either.
Poor M/n, he's already socially exhausted and we're only halfway through lunch but it's to be expected, Zylith did come out of thin air and the information Kaeya bestowed to us is still floating around...
Albedo glances over at Kaeya for a moment to see the male indulging in a cup of wine and barely touching his lunch.

Kaeya felt disgusted in Zylith's presence almost sick. He wanted to yell at the Duke more than anything but decided on staying silent.
"Kae, are you alright? You've barely touched anything besides the wine."

"Ah, I'm fine M/n. I'm not important right now, we have a guest that requires your attention more than some."M/n nearly chokes on his wine while attempting to stifle his laughter, that however didn't stop the others from chuckling at Kaeya's petty remark.

"M/n nearly chokes on his wine while attempting to stifle his laughter, that however didn't stop the others from chuckling at Kaeya's petty remark