LI

Eʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ's Cᴏʀᴇ

Albedo ran as fast as he could and managed to make it before another storm could kick up, his sudden appearance startles Sucrose causing her to drop and knock a few things down

"Mister Alb-"

"Save it for later! We have to help the king immediately! Get the bottles I made a few days back!"

"What's-"

"THERE'S NO TIME! HURRY!!"The urgency in his voice halts her question and she immediately rushed off to find the bottles, as she does this Albedo clears a table and places M/n on it.
"Hey, can you open your eyes?"He didn't get a verbal response from M/n but he did get a weak head shake.
"Just hold on. I promise you'll be okay..."

"Mister Albedo! Here I found them all!"

"Good, help me place them around his body and after you place one, open it."Sucrose nods urgently and they get to work. As they place and open them, the element lifts out of the bottles and hover. With shaking hands, Albedo makes a small mistake and knocks over the Geo bottle, causing it to fall and shatter on the ground.
"Shit...I'll have to use my elemental energy... Sucrose step and turn away from us.."

"Mister Albedo-"

"Just do as I say. We'll be fine, there's nothing to worry about."Sucrose nods timidly and does as instructed, Albedo takes M/n by the hand and places the cold body part on his neck. Suddenly the diamond-shaped mark starts to glow along with the other elements and one by one they turn into orbs that drops into the king's body.
"Come on...Ngh..."Albedo then removes the hand from his neck to see an orb of Geo elemental energy in the palm of M/n's hand; it soon sinks in but make does not open his eyes right away.

Panicked, Albedo drops his ears to the chest of the other and waits. It was a painful few seconds but the redhead's chest rises against the Alchemist's ear and he could hear a heartbeat along with it.
"He's still breathing and his body is warming...."All the worry that ran through his body gave out; causing him to drop to his kneel and sigh happily.
"I didn't think that would work...But why did I suddenly get so tired?"

"Because you were running on adrenaline, your body and mind were working overtime due to the circumstances. However, now that the situation is over, your rush is over resulting in fatigue."

"Oh... I've never felt that before, not even when Klee nearly killed Tartaglia and I. How intriguing, Sucrose please get the others from Mondstadt, I'll stay here with M/n." Sucrose nods her head then leaves our of the lab soon after.
I was so worried but everything turned out fine...I knew it would and yet...
"Bedo?"

"Oh, you're fully awake now. How do you feel?"

"I feel great and a bit of prideful!"The end of the sentence caught Albedo off guard and he asked what the king meant, so he explained what happened when he vanished.
"You survived an encounter with La Signora and only came out with a slap to the face. Hmm, so Dvalin has your Gnosis...I know the mood might be off but I wish to show you something, it's a lot warmer there."

"The mood is never off!"Albedo holds his hand out after standing to help M/n off the table, once his feet touch the ground, Albedo adjusts the scarf around M/n's neck and he grabs a warming bottle before they headed to the place Albedo spoke off in the way.
"Whoa...What is this place?"M/n asked removing his jacket and scarf, it was way warmer than expected.
"It's...The Dragon's Core but do take care not to touch the core."

"Why can't I?"

"Many people succumb to madness, however, I did use the core to create a pyro bottle and these warming bottles."As Albedo explains this, M/n hears a whisper, the voice sounding like Albedo but corrupted and almost poisonous.
"The cataclysm?"

"....."

"Albedo, what's the cataclysm?"The blonde swallowed dryly and gently pulls M/n away from the core, kind of shielding M/n from the red mass.
"Your nation was spared when the Cataclysm happened, due to closing your nation and guarding it heavily with the power of all elements, you and your nation survived any hardships...You are the only Archon that wasn't affected by the cataclysm. But why did you suddenly ask?"

"I heard you say it."

"But I...We should go."Albedo didn't waste a second and puts M/n's jacket and scarf back on and pulls him away, all the while hearing a sick and twisted bout of laugher; they both heard it and it sent shivers down M/n's spine but the laughter seemed almost lonely to him as they made their escape. Something became oddly clear, the beating of the core matched Albedo's own beating heart; as if they were in sync. M/n stops all movement, causing Albedo's hand to slip from around the king's.
"M/n?"The king didn't answer, he only glances back at the core as a strange memory flashes before his eyes and in his ears were filled with voices and the beating of hearts.
❝ Wʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ɢʀᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴅɪsᴛʀᴇss, Dᴜʀɪɴ? I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, Tʜᴀᴛ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ...❞

❝Oɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴏᴏᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇ... Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ, I ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ᴀs ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴍᴇᴛ ᴀ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ. Tʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍsᴇʟᴠᴇs ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴅᴅ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ...❞

❝....Dᴜʀɪɴ, I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ I ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜɪs ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ...Tᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʟᴜᴅᴇᴅ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ.❞

❞