LXI

Fᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ!!

"Yae Miko

"Yae Miko.."M/n calls out flatly to the kitsune who was casually reading a light novel and eating tri-color dango.
"It's been three days...Why haven't they made it here yet?"

"Oh, I meant to tell you, they were held up in Ritou."

"Oh, okay. Now mind explaining why the clothes I arrived in went missing and I had no choice but to wear the clothes coincidentally brought to me this morning."M/n gestures to himself for her to look and the clothes.

"M/n gestures to himself for her to look and the clothes

"Oh my! You look lovely. Now those of Inazuma will recognize you-"

"I can achieve the same results in my other clothes, please give them back."Yae blinks for a moment, though her little plan got this far. She didn't know where the shrine maiden placed his clothes. She settles for chuckling, ears twitching and trying to cute her way out of an answer but M/n wasn't having any of it.
"Unbelievable! First I'm here for three whole days, you finally give me information on where my travel companions are, and you take my clothes and don't even know where they are.
Oh and not to mention-"M/n points up at the sky.
"That bird had been flying above for two days, mind explaining that to me as well?"

"Bird? What bird?"Yae was no longer playing the ignorance card, she truly didn't know about the bird above but when she looks, her jaw drops just a bit in surprise.
"When were you going to tell me about that?"

"I thought you knew about it but you know what."M/n demands more than questions as he heads past Yae and towards the tree, a frown clear on his face; absolutely done with everything. He holds his hand up after turning to face the Kitsune, soon a loud screech fills the air.
"Your majesty-"

"Nope, wherever it takes me, I'll figure it out from there!"Yae tries to run over to M/n but a root wraps around her ankle, preventing her from reaching him as an unnaturally large Raven swoops down and grabs M/n.
"...Oh dear Archons I lost the Archon..."

"YAE WHAT WAS THAT?!"

"Late as always, Ayato...Our target is now in the hands of the resistance."Yae facepalms at this and Ayato was just left a bit confused, still shocked by the giant bird that just stole a person.
"I told you I was busy! Who was that the bird took off with just now?!"

"King M/n of Vestal...I was going to introduce you two yesterday but you failed to show up."

"Why didn't you tell me the target was royalty?! I would have gladly dropped everything and rushed here with an escort to keep him safe! Why was now a good time to be secretive about something so important?"Ayato fuses a bit more at the Kitsune but stops when he realized it wasn't getting them anywhere.
"Now what? What do I not know about your plan?"

"I asked Ayaka to house his majesty in Komore tea house until his travel companions arrived in Inazuma city. Well, this backfires greatly, however, I'm confused myself...That was a Thunderbird, it had a scar on its face near its beak."

"What about it?"

".....Inumaki.."Yae utters to herself, glazing into the distance where the two went off into to before turning around to face the tree. Her heart squeezes at the thought.
"Return to the city and relay what happened to Ayaka so she can pass on the message."

"Let's hope things work out."

🌸🌸🌸

With M/n, he and the Raven land and of course, M/n had questions for the Raven.
"Where are we?"

"Yashiori island, your majesty. Sorry for the abrupt entrance but it's best that I take you to Watatsumi island for your safety."The Raven soon shrinks in size and becomes more human-like that was taller than M/n.

"The Raven soon shrinks in size and becomes more human-like that was taller than M/n

"My name is Inumaki, your majesty." They bow respectfully but all M/n could focus on was the deep feeling of confusion, he knew it was coming from Helios at this moment.
"You smell of pure Electro, what are you?"

"...I am a Thunderbird manifestation- no uh wrong word...Ah! Offspring, there it is. However, my time is running out and before I go, I wish to see Inazuma at peace. This body is that of a puppet and it allows me to walk among humans. The body has been damaged while helping the resistance, that's why I wear bandages."M/n nods, he has a spot from people like Inumaki and agreed to help to the best of his ability.
"Where to?"

"Watatsumi to meet Sangonomiya Kokomi-"

"I think I've met her-"

"Nope, that was her twin sister Sangonomiya Mimi. She spoke about you to me when she made it back to Watatsumi island. If you wish to speak with her, she's in Enkanomiya as of late studying the abyss. Shall we?"Inumaki holds their hand out for M/n to take. He knew that this journey would be a very long one at this point.
"Yeah, let's go."