LIII

Kɪɴɢs Hᴀʀᴇᴍ?!

On another usual yet unusual day, Nuri was running around the field playing with Andrius as M/n took a nap nearby under the tree

"

Hehe!"

"Be careful little one, we don't need you getting hurt."

"Okay daddy Andrius!"Andrius trips over his own feet and faceplants. Startled Nuri let out a gasp but not loud enough for the sleeping king to hear.
"Are you okay?!"

"Ye-Yes, I'm fine. Why did you call me daddy Andrius?"

"Well, yesterday I was playing with Klee and Diona, we heard that Papa is surrounded by people who love and care for him! So if you love and care for him, you're one of my daddies! There's only one Papa and he's sleeping by the tree."Andrius looked on in surprise after Nuri's explanation and his cheeks burn bright.
"Uhhh-"

"Oh, the lady also said a strange word! I think it was har..em?"

"Oh, dear Archons...I think we should return to the city. I must talk with the others."At first, Nuri didn't want to go back yet but her energy was spent, she yawns and yields to Andrius's suggestion. Soon as her head hits Andrius's shoulder, she falls asleep just as the wolf wakes M/n.
"Oops, I slept the entire time, sorry about that."

"It's fine, the weather is changing a bit and of course you'll get tired more than before. Let's head back, I'm sure Missie wishes to gossip with you about the children again."

🍃🍃🍃

Just Andrius said, M/n was whisked away by Missie to her restaurant. Before starting the conversation, he places Nuri in the room to keep sleeping; given that Zylith was watching over Diona and Klee.
"Gentleman, we have a...I can't say it's a problem but Nuri has heard gossip here in Mondstadt."Everyone turns to look at Andrius, waiting for him to continue.
"I believe that the public sees us as the kings Harem."

"You're not joking...Right?!"Both Scaramouche and Venti screech out with odd glee.
"

I mean, I wouldn't mind it at all! We all harbor similar feelings, right?"Aether asked causing the others to nod in agreement.
"I quite like that idea, I get to love and share wine with the king~"

"Ugh, typical of you Kaeya."

"At least it's more romantic than grape juice and work- Wait, what's the problem with being a harem??"Kaeya snaps his head back over to Andrius, the humanoid's face was red and he clears his throat.
"Nuri called me...Daddy Andrius...I'm sure she'll begin to address everyone in the same manner..."

"....Does M/n know?"

"Nope, he was asleep as I embarrassed myself in front of little Nuri."They were all in awe, the thought of either Zylith or Nuri looking up to them as father figures were baffling and heartwarming. Soon the men felt giddy and happy chatter fill the space of the sitting room. It also left room for the possibility of Zylith addressing them the same and the chatter became even more lively. However, Zhongli became quiet as the others continue to talk about the situation at hand.

Guilt raise in his chest as he thinks about the possibility of loving someone who wasn't Helios but then again it was made very clear that the male didn't harbor any feelings.
Without being noticed, he slips out of the sitting room and onto the balcony for fresh air.
"I'm so delusional...I don't deserve to share their joy when I've caused so much pain.."Zhongli didn't feel as if it were his place to be a part of something as such, not when he thinks about his horrible actions; especially the hatred he practically drown M/n in.
"Escal was right... Everything I did is tearing at me now that I feel the slightest of happiness."

"What are you talking about Li?"

"Ah, hello M/n. Did you enjoy the day as usual?"The redhead nods but turns the conversation back on the Geo Archon.
"You look so gloomy out here all alone. Come back inside and have some tea with everyone."

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because I can't find it in my heart not to be. Come on, Scaramouche made tea and Diluc made cookies to go with it."M/n grabs Zhongli by the hand and pulls him inside and back to the others.
I've done nothing right and yet you bravely take the hand of someone who once uses these same hands in an attempt to cause harm...
Zhongli felt himself choke back tears as he gently grips the king's hand.
"If you need to cry for a moment we can hang back before-Ack!"Zhongli pulls M/n back into a hug; M/n's back was to his chest and Zhongli places his head on the king's shoulder.
"Thank you...I'm so sorry for everything I've ever done to you.."

"I know."