XXIII

Uɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴᴛʏ

Without so much as a second thought, Zylith rushed over and hugged M/n while crying

A bit startled at first, M/n stiffens up but soon returns the hug; comforting the taller male.
Dainsleif was ready to pull the man away from M/n but he could tell it did something for them both.
"I feel like I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Sorry I didn't mean to rush you as I did! It seems I started everyone, so much that your guard looked just about ready to attack me."Zylith smiles sheepishly while moving away from M/n just a bit; still quite close causing uncertainty to flourish within the group. And for the sake of it, all Xiao clears his throat and smiles in a polite (ahem petty) way.
"His majesty also had amnesia~"

"What?"

"Yes, I was going to mention that you and I are in the same boat. So it looks like we have to start anew!"Zylith nods then made light of the situation; saying that they were destined to be friends at this point and that their paths were connected. That caused the others to raise an eyebrow at this.
"I would love it if you lot could venture around Snezhnaya before you all depart tomorrow morning, it'll give me enough time to prepare all that you need to stay."

"That sounds like a lovely idea!"M/n surge of happiness made the weary males forget that uncomfortable feeling they all gained from the Duke, they took up the offer and left the Duke's household moments later. Zylith kindly orders Veronica to have everything set up before they make it back, as she did this Zylith slips into his office and glares at the back of the mysterious man.
"Mind telling me why he couldn't recognize me?"

"I didn't say it would be that easy, now did I?"

"Yeah, you kinda did. Now, what do you want from Dainsleif?"Escal turns his head slightly then sighs.
"Dainsleif's faulty memory will be a key component, so listen carefully. There's a bracelet around his left wrist, it's a gift from his majesty him."

"How so? Dainsleif seems like a normal human to me... Unless if my knowledge of him from my world, his game ranges from 500 and up; like us."Escal gave Zylith a nod, confirming his words are true.
"You're right, But the real estaminet is 1,000. He's been sleeping for half his life."

"Which half?"

"At first, it was hard to tell but when I saw that bracelet I knew it was his second half.
From what I've gathered is that M/n gave that bracelet to him around their 500-year mark.
After that, Dainsleif vanished for the second half of his life. During that time, M/n fell into his hundred-year slumber, exactly when Dainsleif hit his 400th."Now it was Zylith's turn to feel uncertain about Escal, the amount of information was astronomical and borderline stalker-ish.
"Why do you know all of this?"

"It's for me to know. All you need to do is grab the bracket, once you have it contact the alchemist, and have him come here to Snezhnaya. From one of my sources, M/n hasn't met the alchemist just yet. Hurry along before they get even more suspicious than they already are."

"Right."

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Within the city, M/n was floored with how beautiful it was. He and Venti ran hand and hand down the pathway.
"Oh, I can't wait to visit another city!!"

"We should go to Liyue, I want to show you the harbors!"Xiao happily interjects after he caught up with the two.
"Liyue? Is that where you're from, Xiao?"

"Yeah! It's my pride and joy of a home and I'd love it if I could take you there. You won't have to worry about it being cold at all!"M/n smiles as he listens to Xiao talk about his home with such enthusiasm and it made him want to visit even more, however as he listens the sound of someone singing caught his attention.

"Iᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴇᴇᴍs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ϙᴜɪᴇᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ
Iᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ғᴇᴇʟs sᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴋ
Hᴏᴡ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡs ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Cᴏɴsᴛᴇʟʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ɢᴏɴᴇ sᴏ sᴏᴏɴ
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀs ʙᴏʟᴅ
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ғᴜɴ
Nᴏᴡ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴏɴᴇ~"

The song was strange to him at first be then it was extremely recognizable, not to M/n but 'Helios'.
"M/n, is everything alright?"

"Did anyone else hear that singing?"The others gave M/n a rather confused look but M/n knew he wasn't crazy, he then took off in the direction that the singing came from and where it leads him was the same area that Zylith was in before stumbling into the city.

"Whoa..."It felt as if M/n wonder into a completely different world once again, all he could do was gawk at the beautiful view before his eyes and with said view was a cloaked figure standing near the frozen waterfall.
"Excuse me! Were you the one singing that song?"

"Yes."

"Could you tell me the name of it? I felt like I've heard it before-"

"Well, that's for me to know little king."The cloaked figure began to head off and M/n attempts to follow but snow consumes his left leg and he staggers forward until he falls to his knees.
"M/n?!"

"By the gods, you're freezing, let's get you back to the duke's home."

"That person...I felt like I knew them."Zhongli and Dainsleif glace around as Xiao attempts to pull M/n up but soon realizes that his left leg was covered in hardened snow.
"Guys, M/n wasn't here alone."

"Let's hurry back. Diluc-"

"Already on it."