XLIX

A ғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ

Surprisingly, the group managed to make it into Mondstadt without any more explosions trailing them and the two( being Nuri and Klee) tired themselves out and slept soon as they reached the Knights headquarters, Kaeya was both confused and happy w...

Surprisingly, the group managed to make it into Mondstadt without any more explosions trailing them and the two( being Nuri and Klee) tired themselves out and slept soon as they reached the Knights headquarters, Kaeya was both confused and happy with the appearance of Nuri and was glad to watch over the little ones as M/n took off into the city to look for Venti. However, the redhead couldn't find the wind bore bard anywhere. He searched high and low for Venti and there wasn't a sign of him.
"Hmm, maybe Missie knows where he is..."M/n ran off to the restaurant to speak with his favorite restaurant owner but was greeted with a chest when opening the restaurant door.
"Ack! I'm so-"M/n cut himself off when looking up at the stranger.

"Uhh Do I know you? You kinda look like-"

"Venti I said not to- Your majesty!"

"Ven...ti?"M/n steps back once more to get a better view and was shocked to see that 'Venti' was now the same height as Zhongli and then his brain descended into denial and chaos at the same time.
"That can't be! Venti is my height, has cute plump cheeks, and has a very soft voice! This man in front of me can't be Ven-Ven! Where is he you-you imposter, tell me know or I'll report you for impersonation-"

"M/n please let us explain!"They both yell at the clearly confused and upset Dendro Archon. Missie ushers then into the surprisingly empty restaurant and dip off to get tea; leaving M/n alone and still very much confused with the current situation.
"Alright, I'm back. Now for the explanation."

"Enlighten me please."

"As I said, This man is indeed Barbatos. He was asking me if it were possible to change his form like Zhongli- and just so you know, yes I know everything now. So during our searching through books, I found that a few Archons have more than one form and Morax-Ah, Rex lapis-I mean Zhongli was said to have a few of his own! Venti wanted to try and shift his form for the first time after a very long time and well..."

"Ehe, this happened when I woke up the next day... I'm kinda clumsy because of how tall I am now but I got used to it rather quickly... Albeit I've been like this for three whole days now..."M/n exhaled deeply while pinching the bridge of his nose. This isn't exactly what he assumed he'd return to.
"This isn't how I thought I was going to introduce you to Nuri... But if you've been like this for three days, I have no choice..."

"Nuri? Who is that."

"A baby dragon who chose me to be her father!"Venti's eyes immediately light up at the mention but he looks down at himself a moment later.
"Is it okay to show myself like this to the others?"

"I think so, however, they'll freak out as I did.
You've been the same since you became an Archon. Change isn't bad nor is being Stagnant, sometimes change will happen and it'll help you develop, like the Cecilia in your hair."

"Has anyone told you that you're like a free therapist?"

"Only you so far but I'm sure everyone thinks so at this point."M/n and Venti share a chuckle as they exit the restaurant but neither of them was expecting to hear a loud voice belonging to none other than Nuri!
"Papa!"

"M/n and Venti share a chuckle as they exit the restaurant but neither of them was expecting to hear a loud voice belonging to none other than Nuri!"Papa!"

Nuri jumps straight into M/n's arms and was caught with a startled laugh.
"Little one?! Where did you come from and where did you get this adorable dress?"

"Master Diluc and Taglia bought it!"

"Welp, we already know they're going to spoil her.."Venti muses while looking down at Nuri. That is when she finally takes notice of the taller man behind her papa.
"Hello! I'm Nuri!"

"Hello little one, my name is Venti and I'm a bard here in Mondstadt!"

"You smell like Cecilia's! I like that smell but no one smells better than papa!"Venti chuckles at the enthusiasm Nuri displayed while talking about M/n, he couldn't help but ruffle her hair. While doing this a very strange thought crossed his mind.
It looks like we're a family... Though I'm not one for children...Nuri is different. She isn't just any child, she is M/n's daughter and she feels like mine as well...
His cheeks turn red from the thought but sure enough, he knew that he wasn't the only one to feel this way.
"How about we go get some milk bread! The baker makes the bread into animal-shaped now. Would you like that Nuri?"

"Yes please!"