XLVII

Sᴄᴀʀᴀᴍᴏᴜᴄʜᴇ's sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ?

That night as the group camped out in the Aether's Serenitea pot, Scaramouche sat outside on the steps of Aether's Manor; looking over the dull Amethyst slab with a gaze of disdain for where it came from

"The home I left behind..."

"Scara?"

"Oh, M/n! Why are you still up? I'm pretty sure Nuri and Zylith are tossing and turning without your warmth."

"They'll be fine for now, Nuri creates her own warmth and Zylith doesn't like to be too hot."M/n delightfully explains, he truly enjoyed a glimpse of fatherhood they gave him.
"Are you okay? You still seem a bit shaken from earlier."

"Besides watching Nuri set two trees twice her side on fire, yeah...I guess... Would you believe me if I told you something crazy?"

"Crazy is a part of my life at this point. So yeah I would believe you."

"Why are you so sweet on everyone? Especially Zhongli-"

"You're diverting the conversation, Scara. Go on, tell me what's up."Scaramouche sighs, no one knew this about him, hell not even the Tsaritsa, he hoped she didn't but Scaramouche touches his chest. It seemed like a harmless action, that until his hand sinks into his body and when he pulls it out; his vision was in the palm of his hand.
"No wonder I didn't see it on you. Why are you hiding it like that?"

"My..uh...*sigh* My Creator is Baal, the Electro Archon...Though I know she won't take it from me, I have my doubts. I wasn't supposed to be the person I am today. I wasn't supposed to be...Me..."

"You're afraid Scaramouche."M/n gently states but this pissed Scaramouche off because he knew M/n was right but he wouldn't openly admit it.
"What the hell do you know!? You're just some well-protected amnesiac who currently knows nothing about the world around them! So don't sit there a pretend to fucking know me, when you don't even know yourself!"

"....."

"I-i..."

"Don't worry, you didn't hurt me. I've been hurt far too much to be hurt by the truth...Hurt people try to hurt others but not because they mean it. Trust me, I've dealt with the oldest being with us for a few months, and like I've said Zhongli has said some very and I mean very hurtful things to and about me but it came from a damaged place. We're all damaged Scaramouche, some more than the other."M/n shows Scaramouche a sad yet gentle smile, it was a smile that the indigo-haired male didn't expect to see after being rude.
"What about Nuri and Zylith?"

"They're the only ones with clean slates. Nuri is experiencing life aboveground for the first time and Zylith is got a second chance. I got a second chance but I'm still broken but that's fine! So what if someone created you? Who cares, you are your own person and you should live a life you want."M/n brightly explains and Scaramouche just stares at the redhead. To him, the smile was as warm as the sun, it was the first time anyone has looked at him with such kindness. Scaramouche takes both of M/n's hands and places them onto his cheeks...
"The pain and sadness I feel right now is staggering but I don't know how to..."

"Don't worry, I know what you mean." Tears flow from his eyes and soon they flood out on their own after M/n used hydro to pull them out.
"*Sniff* Pl-Please don't tell anyone I cried... I'd be embarrassed."

"Don't worry, I won't. It's only natural to cry and feel vulnerable."M/n then pulls Scaramouche into a hug as he continues to cry.
Seems like I broke through to him, all he needed was a shoulder to cry on and for someone to tell him it's okay...
"Hey let's head in."

"...."

"Scaramouche?"M/n moves his face just enough to see that the indigo-haired male fell asleep.
"Hehehe. I guess we can stay outside for a while longer."M/n hums lightly after he moves Scaramouche to his lap to continue sleeping.
This was another rare moment that he enjoyed, to M/n, Scaramouche was like an angry cat that didn't trust the people who saved him but the moment those walls broke, the cat snuggles up to its savior and purrs. Allowing itself to relax and be at peace.
"Things will get better Scara, I know it will. The road to happiness is a bumpy one but you'll have me to keep you steady, I might trip and fall with you but that just makes it better."