30: Stay Behind

{Chapter Under Edition} ~Dream Catcher  

Sorry for not updating before!! I know it took me too long!! Don't kill me!!!! Sorry!!! Sorry sorry sorry sorry!!!!!!!

-::/\::-

I smirk. And slowly push the door. I peek out and find myself in a large hallway with other three doors. The roof is high. Now I understand how cons are able to walk through here.
I look both sides and step out.
I sigh, as much as I'd like to leave Haddelin here.. I have to get her out. Closing the door behind me I look both sides again.
I walk got the nearest door and place the pocket knife in the lock. After some movements I open the door to see a small room with one desk and a chair. I close it and go to the next, which isn't locked and find myself in a tiny empty room, then, I groan.
Then, the sound of heavy metal steps fills the hallway. I turn the way where the steps are coming and see a shadow approaching. My eyes go wide and I step inside the little room and close the door swiftly.
As the steps come closer, I bump with the wall behind me as I step back.
Did I close the door? The door of the cell they got me in? Yes... maybe... Hopefully the con isn't looking for me.... hopefully...
Haddelin, if you start screaming and hyperventilating again, I swear I won't hesitate this time in leaving you here...

The steps suddenly stop...

I stop breathing as I hear a door being opened and a growl....

"Damn girl" a deep voice says. Then, the con seems to start running.
He was looking for me...
I slowly open the door and peek out, looking at the hallway, I sigh in relief, making sure no one's near.
Suddenly more steps are heard, but from the other side of the wall. I run to the end of the hallway and turn right.

"FIND HER!"

"Damn it..." I whisper. "where where where...?" I run through the next hallway and find myself in a squared-shaped room.
I hear a gasp.

"DALLAS!"

"Shut up Haddelin!" I run towards the bars she's behind of. I place the knife in the lock and then slide the knife inside my pocket.

"I thought you would abandon me" she says.

"Yeah, me too"

"What?" Her voice trembles.

"Come on" I open the cell when suddenly the ground starts shaking as cons start running out way. I look up, the roof is too low for them to enter here.
"Follow me"

I take her out of the room and look around, I turn right and run silently until I reach the end of the large hallway.

"You know where you're going?" She asks. I don't answer and peek out of the corner.
There's a giant hall, all covered in metal, there are... five Decepticons standing around. I recognise Megatron and Soundwave, the rest, I'm unaware of who they are.
My sight jumps from one side to another, trying to find the way out.

I finally see a human-sized door...
At the other side of the hall.

"Damn it..." I turn to Haddelin. "okay, listen well, we gotta get to that door" I point at it. "You make a sound, I leave you here, understood?"
She nods.
"Good. Lets go"
I make sure they're not watching, take Haddelin's forearm and run forwards. There are hallways surrounding the place so I don't think it might be so difficult. We hide at the start of another hallway.

"Find her already!!" Megatron suddenly shouts.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath, peeking out again, I see a new con entering the place.

"Lord Megatron!"

"What?!"

"The other hostage... is gone too"

"AAAGGHHH! Megatron hits the nearest wall with his fist.

"Are they talking about me...?"

"Shut up Haddelin..."

I look at the next thing that might help as hiding place. A broken human-sized table. I take Haddelin's arm and run towards the table, then slide behind it.
I look at the entrance not so far away now. I'm about to step forward when suddenly the door shuts open and a small Decepticon enters the place and stands in front of the door.

"Damn it..." I whisper.

"What's wrong?" Haddelin asks.

"We need to find another way out..." I look around. aaaaghh there must be something else we can do!!
Wait.. wait wait wait wait...
Most of the big buildings have a other entrances like.. a back door.
I look at the hallways behind me.
"Come"
I drag her back to the hallways and walk through them, getting away from the main room.

"You know we're going to the place we just escaped from right?"

"Yes, I know"

We get to the large hallway where my cell was. I run through it passing the doors quickly.

"Okay, there must be a back door somewhere..." I whisper.

"I knew you didn't know where you were going!" Haddelin says.

"Here! I heard something!" We hear a con shout. I glare at Haddelin and squeeze my fists.

"T-They're coming for us...?"

"Yes Haddelin.. they're coming for us..."

-)././.(-

Narrator's POV:

"She was taken?!" Will shouts.

"That's what we said" Ratchet says.

"Through a ground bridge... great, now how will we know where is she?! And why do they need her now?!" Lennox crosses arms.

"The Investigation was in her backpack.." Hide says.

"Investigation?" Dino asks.

"We'll explain later, Any idea how to find her?"

"We might not have a plan right now..." Optimus says. "But I'll make sure she comes back safely" he nods.

-)././.(-

Bumblebee is standing outside the Base, looking at the forest before him, when he feels someone patting his shoulder.

"She'll be fine Bumblebee" Hide says. "She's smart, if we don't get to her, she'll find a way out"
Bee slowly nods... Wishing they find her before the Cons are able to do anything.

-)././.(-

Caelyn's POV:

My heart beats strongly in my chest. I look back at the Decepticon chasing us. It's maybe one head smaller than me but has sharp thorns all around his body.
Haddelin, who's running at my side is breathing heavily too.

Some meters ahead there's a door.
An exit door.
But we can only pass through it one at a time...
I look back again.
If we stop he's gonna get us... he's too close.
That means... one of us has to stay behind.
As we run I take my backpack and give it to Haddelin.

"Tell them I'm here" I tell her.
When we reach the door she pushes it and I literally kick her out. No matter I know I won't make it I try to run out but the Con that was chasing us grabs my arm and pulls me back, throwing me to the ground.

"RUN HADDELIN!! AND DONT YOU DARE TO STOP!! FIND BUMBLEBEE!!!"
I look at my side and face the con.

"Going anywhere, human?"