3: The New Beginning

He looks down at me with one blue optic, the other being covered by his servo. Both confusion and curiosity shine on his look, but he only stares as I slowly approach him.

"I... I'm sorry, I..-" He flinches back. I stop walking and simply speak. "I didn't mean to hurt you, well, I did, but I didn't know it was you, I... I'm sorry" he seems to relax a tiny bit. "I won't hurt you... again" I try to smile, reassuring him.

"~How do you know who I am?" He speaks through the radio, turning on an interview.

"Oh, m-my dad, he worked at NEST, so I pretty much know all of you guys" I shrug, looking away for a moment. "Are... Are you okay?" I grimace, noticing he's still covering his right optic. He hesitates, but pulls his hand away revealing... oh. His optic is hanging from some wires, and little sparks flash through those which are broken. "Oh, I'm really sorry," he waves his servo, like it's no big deal. "Just... stay right there, okay?" Before he nods or responds, I turn around and enter through the broken window.

I head towards another drawer of the desk and open it, glad it's still here, I grab my father's tool kit. It's not like a typical 'tool box'; this one's smaller, and the utensils are more selected to help with robots or electronics, instead of tubes or cars. Also, it's not actually a box, it's more like one of those tool-cases archeologists have that you can roll up, made of thick fabric, having small bags and tiny pockets to keep the utensils.

I head back to him, now just stepping all over the broken glass around. Well, fixing this is gonna cost quite a bit...

Stepping out, I look up at him and show him the tool kit.

"I... I can try to fix it if you want" I give him a small smile, trying not hide the fact that I'm really nervous. He hesitates for a moment. "My dad taught me most of the things he knew, the same as my grandfather, he... he was also a soldier so..."

He still hesitates. I grimace and scratch the back of my neck. Yeah, I wouldn't trust me either.

"Okay, umm.." I look around, searching for a spot on the grass that isn't covered in shards. I get a bit closer, finding the spot, and sit down, crossing my legs. I look up at him and smile a bit.

"My name is Caelyn Dallas, I'm 18 years old, will be turning 19 in a few months,-" he observes my movements and listens intently, frozen on the spot where he sits. "I really like art, drawing, painting... umm..." I look down for a moment, trying to think in something else to say.

"My dad, he was a soldier like my mom's father, that's how they met; anyhow, my dad and my grandfather both taught me what they know about weapons, and I've always been quite good with robotics, I... I know how to fix things, I mean, not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty good" I chuckle, making a playful smug face. He chuckles a bit, making that sound, not a voice, kinda metallic, simply a sound of expression, leaning a bit forward as he listens, calming down.

"And I... I really feel terrible for throwing a lamp at you, so please, let me help you" I beg, looking at his functioning optic. He tilts his helm a bit but ends up nodding. I smile brightly.

"Can you... Can you lay down?" He raises an optic ridge. "Yes, I know what I'm doing, really" I chuckle and roll my eyes. He chuckles too, and does so.

I walk towards his faceplate, curling and stretching my fingers over and over again. There's an Autobot in my house, I threw a lamp at his face, and now I'm gonna try to fix the optic I broke while doing so... But fortunately, I know he won't hurt me.

I can't believe this is happening. I hadn't seen an Autobot, or any Cybertronian, really, in two years. Last time I did... was in a small ceremony NEST did for the deceased soldiers... So it wasn't actually a pleasant situation. I never got to thank them for all they did, for all they've done.