75: You Can't Fix What's Not Broken

Yes, I'm back.
And with a long chapter!

Thank you for staying.

~Dream Catcher

-::/\::-

"NO!" I snap my optics open, tumbling forwards as I launch myself up from the berth. My knees give out and I drop to the floor.
I grit my teeth in pain. I can't move. It hurts to much. My chest hurts. My head hurts. Every part of my body hurts.

I don't even notice the moment Evac appears on the entrance, or when Jolt comes behind him.

I'm trembling, and every second hurts more than the last. I keep seeing my parents. My mom's fear. My dad's eyes.
I was gonna kill them. I wasn't even hesitating. I felt nothing.

How could I just feel nothing?

'How about we now show you?'

Soundwave's voice.

The metal grasp on my column.
It all comes in flashes.

It hurts as if my very blood was poison. As if I had both fire and ice inside my veins. I just want to stay still, maybe that'll make it stop the pain? I can't stop trembling.

Is someone talking? Are they talking to me?

I need to come back.

Megatron's optics flash before me.
The electricity and the pain.

I need to come back.

I need to stop trembling. My chest- God, my chest.

This needs to stop.

Goddammit I want this to stop.

"Cael!"

"Caelyn!"

I can't.
God, I can't, I can't.

"Caelyn"
That voice.
"Cael, look at me
He softly takes the sides of my helm and lifts it up. He's blurry, but I see his optics.

My sight goes from the blurry form before me to the screens-and-debris packed room where they transformed me.

"~Tell me your name"
What?

'What are you gonna do, Shatter? Stop me?'

"~Come on, ~what's your name?"

"Cae, Caelyn Dall... Caelyn Dallas" I stutter, but my sight slowly goes clearer.

"~How old are you?"

"I'm... I'm 18."
Am I even 18 anymore? Did I miss my birthday?

"~Now, who am I? ~What's my name?"

My sight gets clearer.

"Bee..."
His optics spin in relief. I instantly wrap my arms around his neck. Kneeling on the floor, he gently holds me as well.

He rocks me slightly. I hear the stabiliser hum louder than usual as it slowly makes the pain in my chest clear away.

"~I've got you. ~You're safe."

I hide myself in his embrace, wishing we could both disappear from this place and stay like this forever, holding each other. He softly purrs to calm me down. Whispering softly that I'm safe, that he's got me. I strongly close my eyes and hold him a bit tighter.

"~Sshh, ~It's okay, It's okay."

He keeps rocking me back and forth. Then I feel a soft touch on my shoulder.