73: The Courage of Mistakes

"Good" He nods, smiling back. He keeps staring at my face for a moment. "Primus, your eyes somehow manage to stay the same"

"They're made of metal now" I huff, chuckling.

"And yet you still look like yourself" He says.

"Well, I can't really say anything... I don't even know how I look..." I mutter the last part, looking away. I saw my reflection when I was at the Decepticon base, but then again, I was in too much pain to pay real attention to the details.

"You- Right..." He turns around. "Jolt! Ev-!" They both enter the room, probably thinking I'm having another spark strike.

"Is everything alright?" Jolt questions, his sight jumping all around the place.
Evac's gaze fixes on me, searching for signs of tears, but he relaxes as he sees I'm okay.

"Is there any way I can see... uh.. myself? A piece of glass, a window?"
Evac's faceplate instantly turns into an excited expression, smiling widely as he quickly walks towards me.

"Of course! You haven't looked at yourself!" He holds me by the sides of my arms, in excitement. I grimace slightly at the pain that comes. He instantly pulls away, muttering a small 'sorry', the excitement never leaving his faceplate.

"I'll get something right away!" He turns around, running for the doorway, almost crashing with Jolt on his way out, who simply shakes his helm and turns to face me.

"He'll definitely find something"

"In this place..-" I stop, look around and frown. "Wait, what is this place?" I just start noticing how I have absolutely no idea where I am.

"Just an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere" Jolt says, walking up to me. "We've been here for... Quite a while" His sight drops. "Anyway, once Evac finds something, there are a few things we should tell you about your frame."

"Here!" We hear Evac shouting from another chamber of the building. I chuckle. Jolt waves his servo, motioning for me to follow him.
I start walking behind him, and it's so weird to listen to my heavy metal steps. After being used to being silent, this is a strange feeling. My legs feel sore as I give every step, making me walk very slowly.
I look at my sides, noticing the dark rusty walls and the dirty yellow reflectionless windows. There are several devices and metal objects and wires along the floor and the ceiling, all of them Cybertronian. Ratchet makes his pace slower as he sees he's leaving me behind. He keeps walking beside me, and even at the 'speed' I'm going, I trip over myself. I simply stumble, but Ratchet holds my arm before I can fall.

"It's gonna take a while for you to adjust" He says. I take a deep breath and sigh. I continue, making sure my feet are separated enough from each other.

"Why are you walking like that?" Evac's helm pops from one of the side doorways to another chamber.

"Trying not to trip and fall" I laugh, noticing I probably look like a weird cowboy. I can see him hold in his own laughter as he gets back inside the room he peeked out from.
We finally reach the place and I peek inside. It's a smaller than the room I was in, but with several more computers and screens. On the left wall, there's a large dusty glass leaning vertically against said wall.

"I assume they were gonna change one of the windows with this, but they never got to do it" Evac shrugs. "I'll just clean it up a bit and it'll be ready"
As he cleans the glass, Ratchet stands before me.

"You promised. Remember."
I nod.

"I know." I take a deep breath again. Jolt steps forward to help Evac. I can simply look at them as every image possible goes through my mind.
It's gonna be alright.
My hands shake for a moment, but this time, I manage to make them stop.
It's gonna be alright.