66: Wounds

I sit inside the changing rooms, leaning back on the lockers, taking deep breaths while closing my eyes. He said he was going to text me if he got any news. Bad or good.

I wish I could say I'm acting strong and mature... But I honestly ran away into this changing rooms, waiting for him to call or text. I just... don't want to be around anyone right now.

The phone in my hand vibrates. I instantly sit straight and look at the message. Taking a shaky breath, I stand up and start running out of the place, but when I pass in front of the mirrors, I stop. Turning my head, I look at my reflection, and wince. The bruises are finally beginning to fade away, but that gives my face a yellow-greenish tone; the scratch on my cheekbone is now turning into a scar... a scar I'm sure will remain. But as I look at myself, I just wish Parrish doesn't look the same.

I quickly head out and sprint towards the main hangar. Bee's there, in his alt mode, probably tired of standing as a robot for so long. After all, he's also getting better from his wounds. I get to him and softly pat the roof.

"Can you drive, Bee?"

"~Of course" he responds.

"If you're feeling tired I can just..-"

He opens the door, roaring his engine. I get in and fasten my seatbelt as he proceeds to close the door for me.

"We can visit Parrish now, Will and Chris are already there" That's all I need to say before we speed out of the Base.

-)././.(-

We reach the military hospital, thankfully larger than NEST's, reason why they moved him here. Last news we had of Parrish was that he was... well... bad.

He looked so hurt when I was watching him through the little square window of the infirmary back at NEST. His scream still echoes in my mind. His bloodied hands, his stained clothes, his painful eyes.

"~I'll stay here. ~You go" Bee says. He opens the door and unbuckles my seatbelt, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you, Bee. Try to rest a bit." I step out and place a shaky hand on the hood. "If you begin to feel bad, just tell me, okay? Anything you might feel that's not right, you call me and..-" My voice trembles, worry coating every word. Why can't this simply stop?

"~Cael, ~don't worry about me. ~Now go, Love"

I take a deep breath, sliding my fingers through the hood, gathering the strength to go inside.

"~Do you want me to go with you?" He asks, making that sound in concern.

"N-no. Stay here, thank you" Why did I say no? Of course I want him to go with me... Okay now, Cael. Calm down. You know you have to do this by yourself.

Nodding to myself, I head towards the entrance. As I step through the glass doors, I look around, watching the nurses, doctors and injured go around in a natural order.

I hate hospitals. I hate them so much.

My sight lands on a small waiting room, but I quickly look away.

"Cael!" I turn around to see Chris calling me from the doors that lead to the patient rooms. I sprint towards him. "He's over here" He quickly guides me through the plain white hallways.

Nobody is speaking, but I feel this place is dreadfully loud. Tools being dropped in metal trays, bandages being wrapped, carts and stretchers being dragged around, doors closing, spontaneous grunts of pain, occasional crying... I hate it. I keep my fists squeezed and my jaw clenched as I walk, the hospital smell is almost unbearable; alcohol and cotton, along with detergent and rubber. I force myself to simply look forward. If I look inside the rooms on the sides... I'm sure I won't be able to take it.