45: A Promise of Hope

{Chapter Under Edition} ~Dream Catcher  

I slowly walk out of the room, still crying. There, I find Ratchet, who looks at me and instantly walks over.

"R-Ratchet..." I say, my voice trembling. "I...." I bite my lip, trying to stop crying. "I need a hug..." I burst out and sob, surprised I manage to cry 'silently'.
But what surprises me the most, is that Ratchet doesn't even hesitate in taking me up to his chest to hug me.

I strongly close my eyes as the medic hugs me. I'll be honest, if I ever needed a hug, I would've never imagined it would be Ratchet the one that would give it to me. But right now, now that I'm a bit closer to him, I feel like he's one of those persons that come into your life and you barely know them, but still, for some reason you trust them in an unexplainable way.

"You want to go out with them?" He softly asks. I just nod.

Without placing me back on the floor, he takes me outside. There, all of them turn to us.
Jazz walks over.

"Cael, umm... If there's anything you need... anything you want... I can try and help you" he looks down and then back up at me, giving me a heartwarming smile.

A small smile appears on my face.

"T-Thanks Jazz..." I say, my voice a bit husky. "I'm okay I..." I look down and wipe my tears away. "Actually... Can... C-can you take me... For a r-ride?"
He smiles.

"You got it Caely"

Ratchet places me on the ground and Jazz transforms.
I hop inside.

"Where to?"

"Anywhere"

-)././.(-

We've been on the road for about twenty minutes. Neither of us has said a thing. But we don't feel awkward at all.
Once I finally stop crying, I hug my knees and rest my head on my arms as I look out of the window.

After some minutes, Jazz decides to speak.

"You... You want to talk about it?" He asks.
I take a deep breath.

"I... I don't know..."

"Maybe... Maybe 'simple words' isn't what you need..."

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking up at the steering wheel.

"Sometimes people don't need to just 'talk'... Sometimes all you need... is music"

The radio turns on and he starts switching through the stations. On one of those stations I listen to a part of a song I know.

"Hold on, turn it back" I say. He does as I said and leaves the song. "I love that song..." I whisper.

"I think I've heard it before..." He says. I sadly smile as I sing along.

"May angels lead you in~
Hear you me my friends~
On sleepless roads the sleepless go~
May angels lead you in...~"

I'm not a great singer, and singing isn't one of the activities I would consider 'my hobbies', but this time I can actually feel the lyrics.
At one moment... Jazz joins me.

"So what would you think of me now?~
So lucky, so strong, so proud~
I never said thank you for that~
Now I'll never have the chance~"

I smile and close my eyes as we both sing along. We might not be the perfect duet, I don't even know if we actually sing good, but we don't care, we are enjoying it... And...