74: Through Sun and Hail

School's killing me.
I'm managing to survive!
I'll try to keep writing.
Thanks for staying.
I love you.

~Dream Catcher

-::/\::-

"I... I'm sorry...." my voice is so low I barely listen to it myself, but Bee looks up and gives me the softest look as he stops holding my hands and steps forward to hug me.

He does it so carefully, like he knew exactly how much my body hurts after the forced transformation. And yet, he hugs me with such feeling. Like we'd been apart for years.
I feel a lump in my throat as he hugs me. I don't deserve this. I deserve the yelling and mad looks I...

"~I'm just glad you're okay..." He says, lowly playing the radio as well. I close my eyes, trying to keep the tears inside and wrap my arms around him. I bury my helm on the crook of his neck cabling, and I feel the warmth of his spark on my chest.
I missed him. I missed him so much.

"I... I just..." His voice fades, but I hear his heavy steps coming closer.
I peek from Bee's shoulder plates and see Ironhide...
I softly pull apart from the yellow 'Bot's embrace and stand in front of the weapons specialist.
The look on his optics as he stares at me... I hadn't seen him like this before I...
I want to apologise, I want to make them know how sorry I am, but I can't find the words. I don't know if I'll ever manage to find the right words.

"Hide I..."
He doesn't even let me finish as he steps forward and embraces me in a hug.
He squeezes me tightly, I suck in a breath, keeping a grunt of pain inside me.
He doesn't say anything at first, he only holds me.

"Don't you dare do that again." He mutters, but I hear no anger in his voice, I can only notice relief. "At least leave a note next time." I can listen to his smile. I hug him back, smiling as well.

"Of course..."

"Look at you," We pull apart but he keeps holding my arms, looking at my new frame.

"Hey, we match." I smile, placing his forearm next to mine, pointing at our black armours.

"Of course we do, you're my sister after all."
I look up to find him smiling back at me.

"Is... is it really you?" Sideswipe skates forward.

"It is" I open my arms. As I look at the silver 'Bot I find it odd to be slightly taller than him.

"How's the climate up there?" He smirks. I laugh, it stings in my chest, but honestly, I don't care. It's still the best comment I can't believe I never thought I would receive.  Specially coming from Sideswipe.

"I'm not that tall" I smile.

"You're almost a foot taller, don't mess with me." He squints, but his smile never fades away.

"Almost." I rise a finger. He chuckles.

"Are you kidding me? You think Sideswipe is small?" Jazz comes from behind him and places his servos on his waist.
I can't help but laugh, but this time I bend over myself in pain.

They all instantly step forward. Bee holds my hand with one of his servos and places the other one on my back. I steady myself with his grip, and slowly stand straight again. I feel their intense gazes on me, I grit my teeth as the pain slowly fades away.

"I'm- I'm okay" I don't have the courage to look at their faces, but I don't let go of Bee's servo.

"Are you sure?" Dino looks at the pulsing light coming from the stabiliser.