61: What They've Done

"When I looked up, Hide was struggling with some Cons, so I tried to help him by shooting them... But one noticed me and started shooting at the store-" I tell Bee everything he missed while we're on the road, I'm not completely sure where we're heading but all the Bots seem to know. "and it crumbled on top of me"

He makes that sound, concerned, squeezing the seatbelt a bit tighter around me. 

"I'm okay, seriously" I smile. "Honestly, Bee, you'll make me cough my lungs out if you squeeze me any tighter" I chuckle.

"Sorry" he says, using the radio station while loosening the seatbelt's squeeze.

"Thing is, I was trapped for a moment... I'll be honest, I was starting to panic. Ironhide tried to take me out, but, you know, size difference... Now that I think about it, you have holoforms..." I say, getting lost in my own thoughts. "Anyway, you'll never guess who came to help" I softly pat the door. "It was Christian! He got me out.. wasn't easy, believe me. But for that, he had to take my backpack, which he did. Then, after Hide told us to wait on an alley nearby, some NEST soldiers came... but... well, turned out they weren't NEST soldiers... They attacked Christian and drugged me..." I stop talking for a moment, my sight getting lost in the road before us. "And here's where the interesting part begins..." I try to smile while saying that, but I fail. I stop speaking, completely wandering through my mind, thinking in everything and nothing at the same time.

"Cael? Sweetspark?" He slowly stops driving, getting to the side of the road.

"I... I was taken to an aircraft carrier... and... well, they literally kidnapped me..." Somehow, my breathing is calm and steady... but lost. The same as my mind and sight. "When I was in there... I... I thought we were both going to die..."

"Both?"

"Yeah... They were going to kill me... and... If I was dead, you were going to be too" I say. "And... there was nothing I could do" I slightly frown. "I was on my own but... I had to keep fighting, you know?" I get out of my trance. "For you"

He stays silent, waiting for me to keep talking.

"I had to survive for you, for the Autobots, and for keeping the information in the Investigation safe... I had to keep you safe, I had to make sure everyone was safe... from Attinger and from Haddelin"

"Haddelin?"

"The one and only" I shake my head.

"What did that little...?" He stops and seems to take a deep vent. "What did she do? I'm gonna kill her" 

"I'll hold her, you squish her, deal?" 

"Definitely!"

I chuckle as he starts driving again, noticing I'm a bit better now. As I take a deep breath, I feel able to continue speaking.

I know it's going to be a while before I can tell the whole detailed story of what happened in there... And even longer before I can look back at it and don't get terrified... but I gotta start somewhere, right?

-)././.(-

"Does anyone else realise we're just jumping from base to base all around the country?" I ask, opening the door and hopping out; looking at Oregon's Bases' main hangar.

"They called us, apparently" Bee says, changing the stations. He transforms with some effort, grunting a bit.

"You okay, Blondie?" I give a step towards him. He nods, placing a servo on his chassis, right where his wound was. I grimace, wishing I could just cure his pain.