42: Hidden In Those Blue Eyes

{Chapter Under Edition} ~Dream Catcher  

Someone opened the door and called her, but she didn't look up. To be honest, she wasn't even listening.

The woman called her two more times until she noticed the girl was there, but her mind wasn't.

The woman walked towards the 16-year-old and placed a hand on her shoulder.  But just in the moment she touched her, the young girl jumped and gasped, looking around with widened eyes.

"It's okay... It's okay.." The woman calmed the girl down. "You're Caelyn right?" She asked.
The blue eyed girl just looked up and nodded slightly. "Come on..." The woman placed a hand on the girl's back and softly pushed her towards the room the woman came out from.

It was a lovely place, big windows, a lot of pictures and drawings and everything was filled with sunlight. But the girl didn't notice that. She was too deep into her thoughts.
The woman sat her down on a couch and she sat on a chair in front of the girl.
They stayed in silence.
5 minutes.
10 minutes..
15 minutes...
20 minutes....

"Don't you... Want to say something?" Lillian, the psychologist, asked. The girl didn't reply... Lillian kept asking questions but Cael didn't answer a thing.

"Miss Abay?" Someone peeked from the corner of the door and looked at the woman. Cael jumped from her seat and gasped.

"Yes?" Lillian tried to calm Cael down while answering.

"You extended the session for 30 minutes but..-"

"Hang on, just give me a little more time"

"That's what I wanted to say, the patient left, he had a family reunion" the man said.

"Okay, thanks" Lillian replied. She turned back to the blue-eyed girl and smiled sweetly. But Cael wasn't looking up. She was doodling on a small notebook she took from her pocket.
Lillian could see she was talented but what she was drawing worried her. She thought everything Cael was doing were just doodles, first they were, but then, the drawing turned out to he a dark metal eye, it was a scary and gave Lillian chills every time she looked at it.
Cael's traces were slow, but she wasn't calm.
She pressed the pen on the paper but she wasn't angry.

Then, the noise from a nearby construction could be heard, something metallic seemed to fall down.

Cael instantly stood up and started breathing heavily, she started to shake and her eyes got watery. Before Lillian could do anything, the 16 year old ran out of the room.

While running she felt he walks squishing her again.
Suddenly, she crashed with someone, she looked up and her gaze found her best friend Daniel.
Cael hugged him tightly.

When Lillian finally got there, she uselessly tried to take her back to the place she just ran out from. But, as said before, it was useless.

~>::.)§(.::<~

Some people knew about her panic/nerves attacks, but not everyone could see the whole picture.

~

When all your family is killed, your home destroyed and your life completely changes, you can't just walk away like nothing happened.
It just doesn't work that way.
She suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders like the panic attacks, Misophonia, Sleep Disorders and Selective Mutism for 2 months and a half.

She felt like living in a dark cloud.
When she didn't speak, everyone kept telling her the same thing.
'Say something!'
But they just didn't understand.

~

She felt alone. Yes, she met other survivors from the Battle of Chicago but the ones she met weren't alone.
After those 2 months and a half of silence, things started to get a bit better. The Misophonia slowly started to fade away.
The Sleep Disorders took longer.
And let's not talk about the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders...

~

Lillian became her paper to draw on. The psychologist found a way to understand Caelyn with no need of words.
Maybe that's what helped her...

In the two months Cael didn't speak, something changed inside her...
When she started speaking again, everything she had started to disappear, slowly of course, but she was improving.

She never told anyone what made her speak again, she never told anyone what made her suddenly get better.

She never told anyone the whole story of what happened that day.

And it was always kept hidden in those blue eyes.

-::/\::-

I tried to make things a bit more real, hope it was fine, it's just that in some books the family is killed or something and they just feel bad or sad for a while, and I know it's not that easy to get over something. So yeah!

Btw, remember when I told you at the Author's Note after chapter 37?
When I told you to prepare yourselves because you wouldn't expect what was coming?
Well... Now you know why.
I know, I'm evil.
And I also know you probably hate me right now XD
But I'll try to update more often! I can't promise anything, for I'm starting exams on Monday (yes, life sucks :p)
But keep reading! I know you don't like me for the moment and you probably want to come here and slap me or something, and it's okay! I want to slap myself too! While writing that last chapter I was like:

"Congratulations Dream! You're a terrible person!"

Yeah...

Well! Thanks for everything!
Keep reading!
Love you all!

~Dream Catcher