55: Whatever it Takes

SJAH 100+K special {1/3}

~\~(Thank you so much for your comments in the last A/N, really meant a lot :3)~/~

I stare at him, not knowing what to reply. A small smile appears on my face.

"A-anyway... I just came to give you this" he stands up.

"Thank you" I say. Looking down, I speak again. "I suppose you have to tie me up again"

"I... Yeah.." He shyly stares at his shoes.

I sit back on the chair as he starts tying my hands, without squeezing my wrists too hard this time. We stay in silence for some seconds, then, I decide to speak.

"You never told me your name" I look at him curiously.

"Oh, I'm Leo... I'm Leo Deniau" he shyly says.

"Well, it was really nice to meet you, Leo" I try to smile sweetly.

"Wish it had been in a different situation though..."

"Well, I can't disagree on that..."
The smile fades away.

He moves to tie my ankles as silence reigns again.

"Leo..."

"Yes?"

"Do you want to leave this place?" I ask. He doesn't stop tying but keeps silent for some seconds.

"There's nothing I want more than that..."
Then, he unexpectedly speaks again.
"Can I ask you something? Well... It's more like a favour..." He says, without looking at me.

"S-sure..." I say. He doesn't say anything for some moments. I really think he's not going to talk again when...

"Don't give up."
He stands up and his light brown eyes meet my blue ones.
Now I'm the one who's speechless...
"Please. Do not give up"

I stare at him, trying to put what I'm feeling into words. Then, it finally comes to me.

"As you said.." I start. "Whatever it takes"
He smiles.

"Whatever it takes"

-)././.(-

3rd POV:

"What do you mean we can't go get her?!" The black Autobot shouts, squeezing his fists, following the Captain through the hangar. "We already know where she is!"

They found out where she is, as Attinger had said, they pinpointed the location where the transmission came from.
She is in an aircraft carrier in the North Atlantic, it certainly took off from Florida.

"Listen Ironhide, I want to go rescue her as much as you do, but there's nothing we can do right now, we don't know in what exact place of the carrier she's in, we don't know how many soldiers he has, we don't even know if there's a way to get in!"

"What about a surprise attack? Something!"

"They're in the middle of the ocean, Hide" Sideswipe replies, skating beside the black Autobot. "There can't be such thing as a 'surprise attack'"

Will sighs, what is he supposed to do now?
He knows the whole world is at risk. But he can't let her die, not only because she's part of his family, but because he feels he owes her.
He owes it to Ryan.

He stops walking, remembering the fallen brother-in-arms, the black haired man, one of his best soldiers, and one of his best friends.
He remembers how he used to talk about his family. The family who drove him to do what he did. To fight, survive, do the right thing.
He also did anything he could to help others, to help Will himself. He looked for Will's daughter when he had to go out and his wife wasn't around, he was there for him even when he had financial or emotional problems, after all, being a soldier isn't easy, and still, even when Ryan had his own problems, he was there for others before himself.