71: Take It In

Hi guys! As usual, sorry for the late updates. But thank you for staying.
I hope you enjoy!
Thank you for 180+K readers!! I'm so proud of how far this has come!
Thank you so much for your patience and passion, it will forever mean the world to me.

Thank you so much.

~Dream Catcher

-::/\::-

"Cael...?"

I look up to see Evac peeking from the side of the entrance's frame.
I stare at him, my look lost and dull. I can see him uncurl and curl the digits of his left servo. I blink slowly.

He steps into the place and he grimaces as he looks at me silently sitting on the berth, holding the edges of it as if it was the only thing I can hold on to.

"How are you holding up?" He carefully says, speaking softly.
I press my lips together, shrugging a bit, quickly stopping as pain runs through my shoulders. I look down.

"I'm not sure..." my voice sounds husky and tired, like I hadn't spoken in ages.

"I..." He looks down as well, stopping some feet in front of me. "I was thinking about what you said and I-"

I bend over myself, almost dropping to the ground as another pain strike makes me want to scream.
Evac's instantly holding me up, calling Jolt as all strength leaves my body. I can feel everything tensing up in pain, I can feel my chest twist and turn. But this time, it takes far longer to stop.

Jolt runs into the room, saying something I don't get to understand. My sight gets slightly blurry and, in fear, I hold Evac's servo, clenching my jaw. He turns to face me, concern all over his faceplate.

"You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay" he keeps repeating the phrase over and over, with one arm around me, making sure I don't fall down.
The computers keep beeping, making me even more nervous. Then, the beeps start slowing down.
Way too slowly, the strike begins to fade away.

I close my eyes, my teeth chirping, my hand squeezing Evac's with the little strength I have left.

Slowly, he helps me sit a bit more straight. Jolt stands before us, looking at me, frowning. The computers stabilise, the pain becomes bearable.

"I want Ratchet..." I say, about to cry, my voice being squeaky and low. It comes out as a surprise, for both them and myself.
They look at me.
"P-please... I just... I want Ratchet here..."
I keep holding Evac's servo.

"Sure..." Jolt gazes at Evac. "actually, we need Ratchet, he has more knowledge about this and the bases are way more equipped, we were thinking about calling the rest of the Autobots just-"

"No! Just Ratchet." I quickly speak. He instantly stops. Then, I close my eyes. Trying to evade their questioning looks. "I... I can't face the others yet..." I whisper, letting go of Evac's servo, hugging myself with my own.
"I can't..."

They give each other a quick gaze of confusion.

"I... I ran away..." I explain, answering their silent question. Without looking at them. "I went with the Decepticons... willingly"
They remain quiet for a moment.

"Oh... I..." Jolt begins to speak, but stops, not knowing what to say.
We remain in silence again.

"I'm sorry..."

"Hey, you don't have to apologise, you didn't do anything to us" Evac places a servo on my back.
I didn't do anything to you... but I did to them.