43: Of Broken Glass and Hidden Secrets

{Chapter Under Edition} ~Dream Catcher  

Drawing in media of the Cyber-girl who appeared on Chapter 33!

If you want to read while listening to the song in media is fine! It's not specifically for listening at some time :)

-::/\::-

I remember when they told me they were leaving Earth...
Right now, it's nothing like that.
It doesn't even compare to the time Haddelin said I would have no one to lose.
This is absolutely different.

'Bumblebee is dead'

Like someone had kicked the back of my knees, I fall to the ground, my legs trembling, the same as the rest of my body.

Everything hurts, my chest, my throat, my head.
My hands shake.
I didn't even notice when I started to cry. I just know tears are washing my face.

I drag myself through the floor and lean against a wall.
I remember reading books where the character says he or she is broken-hearted. They say it feels like something inside you actually breaks.
But I don't feel that way.

I feel like I'm made of little broken glass pieces, cutting everything inside and outside me, making everything hurt. When I breathe, when I sob, when I cry, the little shards cut deeper into my body.
Making every single second even more painful that the last one.

"W-what...?" I perfectly understood. He actually doesn't have to repeat anything. I just don't have anything else to say.

"I... I'm sorry Cael..." I can hear the pain in Optimus' voice.
I start sobbing, pressing my hand to my mouth, trying to keep it together... But I can't.
I cry louder, I feel like I'm burning, slowly and painfully.

I take the cellphone away from my ear and it slips from my fingers.
Everything around me seems to crumble as I repeat those three words in my head...
They leave my cry for two minutes... Trying to shake my pain away with crying...
I just wish that was possible.

I hear someone's voice calling me, the sound coming from the phone, but it's not Optimus.
I grab the phone once again and take it up to my ear.

Ironhide's POV:

"Cael?" I can hear her crying, but she doesn't reply. "Kid..?"

"H-Hide..?" Her voice trembles.

"It's me, sis"

"Is... Is it.. Is it true?" I notice in her voice the little spark of hope she has.
I close my optics and take a deep vent.

"Yes kid... It's true"

She sobs loudly and cries even harder. Just by listening, I want to cry myself.
But most of all... It makes me angry.

Angry at all the Autobots... Because we left Earth and left her alone.
Angry at the Decepticons... Because this is their fault.

Angry at myself...
Because I'm not there to hold her while she cries...

"H-Hide..."

"Yes?"

"Please come b-back..." She says.

I look at the others, who are listening too.

"I need you... I-I need you h-here with m-me..."

"I..."
I stop and rub my faceplate with my digits.

"P-please..." She cries.
I push a button on the computers to make sure she doesn't listen. I turn to the other bots.