~At the Cafe~ (JiKyu)

Pairing- Jihoon and Junkyu.
Type- Fluff.

On the 4th or 5th day after going to the cafe that Junkyu recently discovered, he noticed that on the corner of the cafe, a certain boy with round glasses was there every day. The boy quietly wrote on his script, read some books and occasionally took sips from his drink. At first, Junkyu didn't pay much attention but when the boy did the exact same things for 4 to 5 days long, he became curious.

Junkyu didn't ask him anything nor went near him, but he started observing him. The boy always had plain shirts on, maybe white or black. His hair always fell on his forehead, covering it completely. His eyes were always fixated on the books, like he heard no sound, like he was the only one there and the most important thing in the world was the work he was doing. Junkyu started sparing some chuckles while looking at the boy from far away.

Summer went by soon, bringing lots of raining days. On one such day, Junkyu forgot to bring his umbrella with him. So, when he left work and it started to rain, he had to rush towards the same cafe, since it was near the store that he worked in. Naturally, the cafe was packed with people. There wasn't any seat left and some people were standing. Junkyu also went to one corner to stand alone. After a while his eyes fell on the table beside him and to his surprise, he saw the same boy sitting on a chair, reading a book, holding it in one hand. In front of him, a woman in her forties sat with a grocery bag in her hands, probably waiting for the rain to stop. Even when the cafe was noisy and crowded, the boy seemed to get lost in his own world without worrying about the weather. Junkyu was amazed, 'how can he stay so focused?'

The rain started to slow down and the cafe started having less people. The woman stood up, leaving the seat in front of the boy empty. After waiting a bit, Junkyu sat down on that seat wanting to initiate a conversation with the pretty boy.

Junkyu coughed to get his attention, but in vain. The boy didn't even look up. 'He's weird' Junkyu thought.
After debating internally, Junkyu decided to finally get his attention by talking.

"Hi," he said. To his delight, he boy looked up. His mouth was open a bit and Junkyu could see that his lips were formed in a unique shape.

"I'm Junkyu." He said, smiling. The boy nodded. He didn't even say his own name. So Junkyu elaborated, "Kim Junkyu, actually."

"Oh, I'm Park Jihoon." The boy gave an adorable eye smile but got back to reading immediately after.

Junkyu had a hard time deciding whether to talk again or not. Clearly, the boy wasn't interested in continuing a conversation but Junkyu wanted to know more about him.

"I'm a first-year university student, working part time in a book store." He said again. The boy named Jihoon once again lifted his head up, smiled a bit again and just said an 'Ah ok'.

Junkyu felt embarrassed. He was an introvert guy himself, but he still started the conversation only to be ignored. He sighed, "You're not a talker, right?"

The boy seemed to pay attention to that, "Eh? No! Sorry, It's not usually like that. I'm just worried about my project", he said scratching his head with his free hand, seemingly embarrassed. Junkyu chuckled.

"I'm also a first-year university student. I'm currently working on a difficult project. Sorry if I seemed rude." Jihoon clarified.

"No, no, it's really okay. I was just talking in random. It's just, you come here often and I noticed, so I wanted to talk to you." Junkyu said.

"Oh, that. Yeah, I've been coming here regularly for years. Everyone knows me here and they let me stay here as long as I want too. It's also a nice place to focus on my studies." The boy again gave a cute eye smile.

Junkyu again made small talk with him before leaving. He wanted to get to know Jihoon better, he seemed like a good guy.

The next time Junkyu went there, he approached Jihoon. Jihoon gave a knowing smile. But they didn't talk for long since Jihoon looked like he had a lot of work to do. Junkyu let him be. The next day, Jihoon waved at Junkyu as soon as he walked in the cafe. Junkyu wondered why he was not focused on the book in front of him that day to which Jihoon replied that he waited to greet Junkyu that day because he felt guilty of not talking much the other day. 'What a thoughtful boy', Junkyu thought.

They talked a lot that day. Junkyu started feeling comfortable around the boy as days went by and the two talked pretty much every day. But suddenly, one day, for the first time since Junkyu discovered the cafe, Jihoon wasn't there. Junkyu waited to see the boy coming but he did not. Sighing, he left.
The incident only repeated itself in the upcoming days. Junkyu regretted not having any way to communicate with the boy. Did he leave the town? Because he said he was a regular customer for many years. Did he fall sick? What if the sickness is pretty serious? Junkyu worried a lot but the thought of asking the barista about it didn't even cross his mind.

After some days, Junkyu's memory of Jihoon started to fade away. It did surface every now and then, but we don't dwell on daydreams, do we?
Junkyu finished his first year. He still worked at the same book store. One day when he was almost near the end of his shift, a guy talked from behind, "Excuse me, where can I find-" Junkyu turned around hearing the familiar voice. "Ah- Junkyu!" The guy said, the same guy that left Junkyu worried sick few months ago.

"Park Jihoon! Thank God, you're okay!" Junkyu exclaimed, "Where have you been?"

Jihoon looked puzzled. "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Forget it, why didn't you come to the cafe anymore?" Junkyu asked.

"Oh, I actually did, just not at the same time as before. My class time for last semester suddenly changed, so I couldn't go to the cafe in the afternoon anymore." Jihoon replied.

"Oh I see. Well, glad to see you again. I was pretty worried." Junkyu said.

"Hm? Don't tell me you missed me?" Jihoon mischievously said. Junkyu gasped. Was it really the same nerdy guy that he used to see? Junkyu was so startled and embarrassed at that comment that his ears started getting red.

"Kim Junkyu! Stop blushing! You're making it weird!" Jihoon hit his hand. Junkyu held his ear at that, "I'm not blushing!"

Jihoon giggled at that. "You're cute Kyu!"

Junkyu looked surprised, "Are we now calling each other by nicknames?"

"Mm-hmm" Jihoon said. Junkyu laughed, "Now tell me which book do you want."

"This", Jihoon handed him a piece of paper, where the name of the book was written. Junkyu went to find the book and returned with it soon after.

"Here you are" he gave Jihoon the book along with the piece of paper. "Seriously, you study a lot! People your age usually don't read a book like this."

Jihoon smiled. "It's actually to my liking." Junkyu nodded at that.

Before attempting to leave after paying for the book, Jihoon handed Junkyu the piece of paper, "You might wanna keep that."

Junkyu was confused, holding the paper in his hand as Jihoon left. 'why would I need the name of the book?'
He understood after he flipped it. In one corner, a phone number was written, followed by a hand written "Guess what, my class time never changed ;)".

Instead of getting angry or pissed off, Junkyu unknowingly spared a wide smile. 'That mischievous boy!'

He quickly took off his phone and saved the contact number. 'This is not going to be an easy ride, right?'

********

Hi~
Hope you all are doing well😊
So, did you like it? What do you think? Why did Jihoon lie?

If you like it please vote and comment~

Stay safe everyone!