~Bittersweet? Just bitter~ (DoSuk)

Pairing- Choi Hyunsuk amd Kim Doyoung
Type- Angst
(Requested)

A childhood friend, a dongsaeng, an adorable human being, constantly in need of affection and care- that's how Hyunsuk saw Doyoung almost all his life. He was older than Doyoung by almost 4 years, but they were three grades apart. They barely attended the same institution. However, the reason they got along so well was because they were neighbours, playmates since childhood and currently working part time jobs at the same book store.

To Doyoung, Hyunsuk was his anchor. There was nothing Hyunsuk didn't know about the younger. He had that unnoticed way of taking care of Doyoung in every possible way. He protected Doyoung all through his life, to the point he managed to save the boy from bullies in school, even though Hyunsuk didn't attend the same school. How? With the help of his friends from that school as Hyunsuk had pretty good connections. Hyunsuk seemed like a parental figure, much unlike his age, but at the same time, he was an inspiration for Doyoung.

"Hyunsukie hyung!" Doyoung would whine, if he found any situation difficult. And no matter what, his problem would be resolved by Hyunsuk.

It wasn't a problem for Doyoung, however. He felt lucky and happy around Hyunsuk. But with Hyunsuk, things were a bit messy.

Because, he unknowingly fell for the small and cute friend of his.

Doyoung attended the same high school as Hyunsuk in his freshman year, while Hyunsuk was a senior. They would just get one year to be together, but Hyunsuk was more than happy. He even planned on confessing to Doyoung on the day of his graduation.

Doyoung came out to Hyunsuk almost a year ago. On one birthday party of him, Doyoung along with his friends, were playing truth and dare. Hyunsuk was also present there. Doyoung, being faced to choose, went with dare. The crowd then asked him to kiss a friend of his, who was a girl. Doyoung fidgeted for a while which Hyunsuk noticed. And, since he had control over the game, he changed the dare to just staring at the girl's eyes for 10 seconds without laughing. Doyoung felt extremely relieved and gladly finished the challenge.

However, after the game ended, Hyunsuk took Doyoung to a side and asked him about why he was acting so hesitant. Doyoung tried to lie but he couldn't bring himself to lie to his favourite hyung's face. So, sighing deeply, Doyoung stated, "I'm gay, hyung. I don't like kissing girls."

Hyunsuk had a hard time holding back. He himself was internally torn thinking about what Doyoung's sexuality could be as he was already in love with the said boy. Knowing how he had a bigger chance to finally have the boy all to himself made him giddy. And he was about to expose his feelings. Yet, he held back, because Doyoung was precious to him and he didn't want to make his feel stressed if the feelings weren't mutual.

Therefore, instead of kissing him, he hugged him, saying how he understood and supported him Doyoung might or might not shed a drop of tear out of pure gratitude that night.

Hyunsuk was loving his last year, until one day, Doyoung crashed his whole world.

It first occurred to Hyunsuk when he noticed that unusual gleam in his dongsaeng's eyes near a certain junior student. At first, Hyunsuk didn't pay much attention, but day by day, Doyoung's behaviour made him believe that there might be a possibility of Doyoung crushing on the said student. However, believing that Doyoung would tell him if that really was the case, Hyunsuk let that go.

His deliberate way of trying to stop himself from hurting didn't last long, as one day, during work, Doyoung opened up about his crush in front of Hyunsuk.

He came excitedly near Hyunsuk, who was busy checking the list of books sold that day. Poking him with his elbow, Doyoung smiled, "hyung!"

Hyunsuk looked at Doyoung and returned him the same smile.