~349 days~ (KyuSuk 2/2)

*Once again, this is pure angst! I hope you continue knowing what comes ahead won't be pleasant.*

Hyunsuk didn't expect, intend or like to make an eye contact with someone he despised with all his being, to his guts, with every inch of his skin. It was a peaceful night for him, coming to drink with people close to him. Life had been so damn hard for him for the last two years. He just started to get a grip on it but no! God was never on his side. He had to see the face of that loathsome human being, Park Jihoon.

It was a Thursday night. Hyunsuk came to the bar to drink along with his neighbour Doyoung, some of his and the latter's friends. It was peaceful if not exactly happy for him. He lost his happiness 2 years ago, on one cold night that took everything away from him. Just as he was drinking, he felt a pair of eyes on him. Curious,he met those and God he wished he hadn't! Jihoon's eyes were staring directly at him like arrows, anytime they would pierce into Hyunsuk's skin and kill him with untold agony slowly.

Hyunsuk looked away, faced Doyoung. "We need to go!" He uttered. The younger wanted to ask why, but the former already took the lead towards the door.

"Choi Hyunsuk!" A voice shouted. Hyunsuk knew who it was, so he quickened his pace. But the voice came nearer, because Jihoon was running towards him.

"Stop! We need to talk!" Jihoon caught up, and to Hyunsuk's despite, held his arm.

"Get off me!" Hyunsuk jerked his arm away and yelled. Doyoung caught up to the two by the time. And he stood in front of Hyunsuk in a defensive manner. Jihoon stepped back and raised his hands in the air. "Alright, alright! Don't yell."

Hyunsuk's gaze was burning. Jihoon was a reminder for him that he once had Junkyu in his life, someone who left him without any explanation two years ago, still nowhere to be seen.

"Can we please talk?" Jihoon requested.

"No!" Hyunsuk rejected him fast.

"This is important!" Jihoon pleaded. Hyunsuk showed no sign of changing his mind. "It's about Junkyu!" Jihoon spoke.

"So?" Hyunsuk raised a brow.

"Don't you wanna hear about him?"

Hyunsuk chuckled, it was full of bitterness. "Why would I wanna know about some insensitive, coward, double standard bastard?"

Jihoon closed his eyes in frustration. Junkyu, his very own best friend; he didn't deserve to be called like that from the guy he loved with all his heart.

"Hyunsuk, please. Just listen to what I have to say for once? I promise you won't regret it." Jihoon still pleaded.

"He's dating you, right? Or did he dump you for someone else like he always does?" Hyunsuk smirked, "That's why you came to me, huh? To hear from a guy who faced it first?"

Jihoon was about to lose his temper. He closed his eyes once again. Tears accumulated in them. He looked at Doyoung with those eyes, pleading with his eyes to convince Hyunsuk.

"Hyung... Maybe just go and listen to what he has to say?" Doyoung cautiously asked. Hyunsuk glared at him. "If you don't like it, just walk away, okay?" The younger quickly added.

"But I don't want to hear about him!" Hyunsuk protested.

"For once, please?" Jihoon asked. Hyunsuk glared at him, then Doyoung, then again at him. In the end, he sighed. "Fine! If I don't like it, I'm leaving!" Then with aggression, he chose an empty table and sat on a chair by its side. Jihoon took the seat across from him. He already gestured Doyoung to give them privacy. The younger obeyed him, but he kept an eye on Hyunsuk from far away.