~The Pianist~ (DoKyu)

Pairing- Kim Junkyu and Kim Doyoung.
Type- Fluff

'I know you need me right now, Doyoung; and I really wanted to help you as well, but I can't help returning to Japan because of my family's urgency. I wish for the best for you as always and I hope you'll find the right guy for this whole thing. Please understand my situation and forgive me for not being able to help you in your time of need.'

'But hyung, can you please just manage to stay a month more? Just this once? I don't know if anyone else can match your tone, hyung.'

'I would have if I could, Doyoung. I'm really sorry this time.'

Doyoung sighed for the nth time of that day remembering his conversation with Mashiho a week ago. Being the top-class pianist of his college, Doyoung was highly expected to win the nationals that year. He had everything on his side until Mashiho, his vocal partner had to leave for an urgent family issue.

"So, what are you gonna do now? You've won the quarter finals without any vocalist to assist you. But for the next round, playing alone won't be enough." Doyoung's coach told him once Doyoung returned after completing the quarter final round.

"I know, I've been looking for someone for the last few days but no one seemed like he could replace Mashiho hyung." Doyoung said with frustration.

"I understand, but if you don't start practicing within two or three days, you're gonna lag behind." The coach said, "And if you can't find the type of vocalist you want, I'm gonna have to arrange someone of my taste. We don't have enough time." The coach concluded.

Doyoung nodded. The semi-finals would be harder than the last round. He knew that he had 50-50 chance of winning. But without a good vocalist that can match the piece Doyoung would be playing, the possibility would be worse.

After discussing for a bit longer, the coach finally let Doyoung go and rest for the night since he was exhausted after playing the piano all afternoon long.

Doyoung headed towards a nearby cafe to buy a drink for his walk home. It was getting dark and he texted his mother that he was on his way home. He patiently waited for his drink to be prepared and went to the counter to pay for it once it arrived.

Suddenly, Doyoung halted. He was about to leave the cafe with his drink but something stopped him.

He heard something.

He waited to hear it once again and soon he heard it again. A little humming, with a very faint melody. Doyoung turned his head towards the sound, but he saw nothing. He observed the cafe, there were almost every kind of people present. And a lot of them were talking, making it hard for Doyoung to find out exactly where the melody was produced. Doyoung waited again and he heard it again, a bit louder that time. He immediately shot his head towards the direction of the sound.

He found a table only occupied by a guy. He was looking at his phone, earphone plugged. Doyoung waited to hear the sound for the fourth time and when that happened, he clearly saw the lonely guy to mutter some words with the perfect melody and tap the table in the process, before surfing his phone again.

Doyoung approached him and took the empty chair in front of that guy. But to his surprise, the guy didn't even notice Doyoung even though he made enough movement. So, Doyoung had to tap the guy's hand to get his attention which clearly startled the guy as he jumped a bit, "oh! Shi- you scared me!" he spoke those words in a very adorable voice which made Doyoung laugh.

"Sorry about that, I'm Kim Doyoung." Doyoung extended his hand. The guy hesitantly shook his hand, "Ah yeah- I'm Junkyu, Kim Junkyu."

"I actually heard you humming along something and I liked the tone and melody of your voice, so I came to check it out, if you don't mind." Doyoung said.