~Illusion~ (HaruHwan)

Pairing- Watanabe Haruto and So Junghwan.
Type- Angst
(Requested)

There was a green meadow, yellow flowers with the smell of freshly baked cookies, like his bed sheet. The sky was a sober shade of azure and there was a glimpse of a faded rainbow. Surprisingly, the grass was dry, as if the rain never happened which is acceptable because in your dreams, you can just see and hear- the other senses remain numb.

Haruto knew he was dreaming; he knew it in the hardest way possible. Yet, he didn't want to let go. Just being able to watch a bubbly teenager in his dream was enough for him. Maybe that's why, the dream meant so much to him!

The meadow was like his home- dream home. The smell of cookies was the loveliest, as if he could be wrapped in a pair of arms with the same smell, his smell, all day long! The sky was mesmerizing. There may be hundreds of shades of blue, but the sober azure was his all-time favourite. And the rainbow! Never in his life the seven colours meant that much, not until they appeared in his dream, along with the bubbly teenager.

And everything was so dear to him just because a single person was always there- the one that's always smiling under the faded rainbow with the pretty eyes he had- named so dearly as So Junghwan. Haruto wanted to know the boy, seemingly younger than him so bad! If he was that much alive in his dreams, he must be a possible reality, no?

Sadly, the dream was the only connection Haruto had with Junghwan. He didn't even know if such a 'Junghwan' actually existed or not. And the possibility ate him up. He didn't want to talk about his dreams to anyone, but his obsession to look for a certain 'So Junghwan' from place to place worried his dear ones. He was told a lot by his haters that he was delusional, by his friends that he should seek for advice from a good psychiatrist, by his parents not to be so stubborn and take the damn pills that will kill his dream- but Junghwan just seemed way too precious to let go!

Haruto could only see the bright pair of eyes of Junghwan when he first started having the weird dream a year ago. It amused him and built curiosity in him. He wanted to know the mysterious dream boy of his and so, started focusing on his sequential dreams that he dreamt once or twice a week. The meadow was blurry at first, but as days passed- or according to his well wishers and others- as his disease worsened, Junghwan became more than just a pair of eyes- he was a person, with a pretty face, with arms and legs, with stomach and lungs and all the other organs that kept him alive in his own mysterious world.

The dream, which started to be crystal clear, let Junghwan talk to Haruto for the first time, in a Saturday night. That was also the first time Haruto came to hear Junghwan's name from his own mouth. But he knew the name beforehand. How- that he didn't know, he just knew for sure that the young boy was called 'Junghwan'. But it wasn't as weird as his dream, dreaming about someone he had no clue if he would ever get to see in real life.

Junghwan kept talking to the tall Japanese from time to time, in the sweetest voice possible. And when, under the azure sky, hearing the birds chirp as butterflies flew around them, Haruto looked in those gorgeous shade of brown eyes of Junghwan, he knew he was in love.

Too much in love with an existence which was only there in his dreams.

Haruto fell deeper in love with him as days passed by. And that hurt him. He wanted to see Junghwan for real, hold the pretty arms of the younger for real, gaze at those mesmerising brown eyes for real, touch his smooth buttery skin for real, tell him how much he loved him for real- but for that, he had to find the cheerful teenager first.

Haruto promised to find him even though he had no clue where or how to find Junghwan. Hell, he didn't even know if that illusion-like yet so real dream of his could actually mean reality or not. Judging from the name, Haruto knew the boy was Korean. So, he found an excuse to study in Korea one day when he actually wanted to find the pretty boy of his dreams. His parents, who were aware of the obsession of Haruto for his dream boy protested, but Haruto convinced them to take the pills regularly.