~Apocalypse~ (Multiple Ships 3/3)

Had they not been given a specific time limit, no one from that room would have moved in a long time. The pain of losing Doyoung that seemed mountainous because they themselves brutally drove him out of the room was the reason none of Jaehyuk, Asahi, Yedam or Mashiho could utter a word. Mashiho who had the boy in his arms moments ago was numb from the sudden realization of never holding him again. There wouldn't ever be a bubbly guy calling him with utmost affection, clinging on to him, staring at his pretty face after some shameless flirting. And Yedam, who never got the chance to show Doyoung that his entire life had been given to him, that with one call from him, Yedam could be on his knees. Doyoung would never know.

Jaehyuk saw his friend transform in front of his eyes, and the scene was imprinted on his memory like a trauma. He could feel the wailing of the hearts in the room. He couldn't even imagine seeing Asahi in Doyoung's place. He didn't know if he'd be as strong as Mashiho or Yedam if he ever saw a bite mark on his lover. He didn't wanna think about it, it was twisting his insides in agony.

Both him and Asahi tried to comfort the other two, but they knew the absence of that one happy pill was prominent. Only cries and tears of loss could answer to that.

Yedam surprised them, standing up all of a sudden.

"Staying here, we can't fulfil what we came out for." He looked at the three gloomy faces, "Aren't you coming?"

Jaehyuk stood up as well, "Are you okay...?"

Yedam looked numb. He avoided the question. "Mashiho hyung, is that why he saved you?" His tone was strong, "To cry and waste your time here?"

Asahi stood up too, quickly went to Yedam. The younger was shaking from anger, frustration and sorrow. Jaehyuk carefully looked at Mashiho. He took is quite positively though. Yedam wasn't wrong. Doyoung didn't risk his life just so Mashiho could sit there and rot.

"Are you sure you can-" Jaehyuk who asked out of concern when Mashiho stood up was stopped by a hand Mashiho raised.

"We have to live."

Yedam looked away. How could he say it in words what was going on inside him? He could tear his heart out still no one would know the tremendous agony it was feeling. He knew, Mashiho was feeling the same. After all, they both loved the same guy.

"Alright, I'll check." Asahi went to the door. He checked the outside through the little gap.

"It's not exactly safe, but what choice do we have?" He reported. Jaehyuk quickly went to the front and took Asahi behind him.

"I'll take the lead. Sahi, you must stay close to me." He looked at the other two.

"We'll cover the back." Yedam said, looking at Mashiho. The elder with his tear stained cheeks, neck and eyes agreed. They knew Jaehyuk was being selfish, to protect his boyfriend but who could blame him?

Jaehyuk opened the door as quietly as possible. The bats they owned were still with them, Doyoung's one in Yedam's hand. They raised them up, to defend themselves as much as possible. Although they came to realize, no weapon could defeat misfortune.

They took a few steps and luck betrayed them yet again. The place was so open that any accidental turning of a zombie's face was death to them. And exactly that happened. One student come zombie saw them and its hissing was enough to attract ten more.

"Crap!" Yedam uttered. The guard room was yet not visible, but they could reach it soon if they ran quickly.

They just had to survive for a few more minutes.

"These freaks are fast!" Jaehyuk exclaimed. The four of them were running fast, but there were zombies literally everywhere. With the noise of their footsteps, breathing, and the zombies' howling and groaning, more of those beasts came out from every nook and corner of the place.