~Touch~ (JiKyu)

Pairing- Kim Junkyu and Park Jihoon
Type- A bit steamy near the end if you ask me🙃

*Listen to the song while reading if you haven't already, to get the vibe yk*

Sin City's cold and empty
No one's around to judge me
I can't see clearly when you're gone...

For days, Jihoon was listening to the same songs, coming back from work, every time when he was in the bus, staring aimlessly through the window glass. He felt weirdly twisted emotions of longing and happiness, of wish and reality, of loneliness and company. At first he couldn’t quite fathom what made him feel such a bittersweet kind of pain inside him, but thinking over an over again, he realized- the sweet part came from his memory.

The memory of him and Junkyu.

Jihoon decided not to take the bus that day. The distance was such that taking a bus would only take 5 minutes for Jihoon to reach his dormitory, while walking would take around 20-30 minutes. Jihoon wanted to hurry, yes, but the sound of the songs in his earbuds as he was walking through the cold windy night, especially minding the relatable lyrics was another kind of attraction he just couldn’t resist.

And I said ooh, I'm blinded by the lights...No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch!

Jihoon couldn’t relate more. How many days had it been since Junkyu left? A week? 10 days? 15 days? Jihoon lost count. In fact, he was losing sleep because he couldn’t get used to the emptiness beside him. He needed Junkyu in his life. He needed Junkyu’s warmth to embrace him in the cold nights, the sound of his breath to act as a lullaby, the presence of him to fill in the void he felt every night, the touch of him to keep his mind sane and his desire checked.

Jihoon was walking on a sidewalk, slightly moving to the rhythm of the song. He imagined the time Junkyu would be back to him. That wonderful day, when his world would once again be decorated with brilliant colours radiating from Junkyu’s happy smile, when the cold night would be nothing- since they would become as one, closing every possible gap between them.

The coldness made Jihoon shiver. He didn’t realise why the night was colder than usual, until faint drops of water fell on him. He looked up to the sky and saw several drops of rain falling down.

‘I should hurry up.’

He thought, but the songs forbade him. While everyone else fastened their pace, Jihoon kept his pace from earlier. Rather, he started swaying his body even more, dancing almost visibly to the music as he walked forward. Maybe people would judge him? He laughed that off. People who knew him, knew him well to know about his eccentric habits. And people who did not know him, well, why should he even care what they thought about him? They wouldn’t ever know his name.

Jihoon’s clothes started to get stained with rain water. Not too much though, the rain wasn’t as strong. Jihoon looked around and saw the glowing city lights, moving vehicles and desperate pedestrians, walking fast not to get wet. A small pinch of regret distracted him.

‘Wouldn’t it be great to have Junkyu with me here?’

Jihoon sighed. He was almost at his dormitory. The cheerfulness of him went away, the song changed and so did the vibe. The rain drops became stronger, so, Jihoon had no choice but to hurry. He couldn’t afford catching a cold because he had stuff to do. And, he didn’t want to be sick and ruin his celebration of Junkyu’s return if he came back anytime soon.

Jihoon was lucky not to get soaked because the moment he entered inside his dormitory building's main gate, it started to downpour all of a sudden. Jihoon looked back and even though no one was there to hear him, he loudly said, “Oh! It was so sudden!”